After an impressive rally, the GBPCAD chart is beginning to display divergence in what might turn out to be a 3 drives to a top style pattern
Talking points for today’s market update video are Dow testing support while Dax moves below. Selling before Friday’s NFP increases the bounce risk if the number is weak Review of the iron ore and Fortescue charts and potential for FMG re- test A look at the Aussie Dollar before today’s trade figures
Many traders doubt the current high levels of share markets. Indices in many cases appear to defy gravity, particularly those markets at all time highs. However, the lesson of the 2003-2007 bull run is that markets can run a lot longer than expected, and going against the trend can be very expensive. I’ve waited for […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 bounced off of 5,200 toward 5,275 in what appears to be a technical rebound. The index remains in a downtrend and with RSI under 50 indicating downward momentum remains intact, the 38% retracement level near 5,120 could still be retested. Japan 225 is starting to roll over with a retreat […]
It remains to be seen whether the current correction in the Australian stock market will be turn out just to be a shallow drift or if it will develop into something more serious. If we are to see a more substantial sell off, it seems likely that the banks which led the charge to the […]
Talking points for today’s market update video are Review of US 30 and Australia 200 charts after last selling in last 24 hours Linking market valuations and the index chart Review of West Texas Oil after last night’s rally A chart for today’s GDP number GBPAUD
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to retreat with yesterday’s 5,255 breakdown point emerging as new resistance. RSI under 50 and falling suggests momentum turning increasingly negative. Next potential support tests appear near 5,200 then 5,130 Japan 225 has fallen back under 15,500 after encountering resistance near 15,780. RSI has started to roll over suggesting […]
Price action in the Australia 200 index is pointing to a potential short term pull back in share prices. Despite good data locally and internationally, and a low interest rate environment, market positioning and now technical analysis are weighing on the market. If the index is falling, shares such as ANZ, BHP, Commonwealth Bank, NAB, […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200’s selloff keeps accelerating after failing to retake 5,325, it fell like a stone to its next Fibonacci support level near 5,250. RSI under 50 and falling indicates downward mo building. Next potential support tests appear near 5,200 then 5,130. Japan 225 has resumed its uptrend, clearing 15,750 while support […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2475 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- GBPCAD Chart – 3 drives to a top 05/12/2013
- Market Update Video – risks tilted before NFP 05/12/2013
- Snap! Sell Germany 30 (DAX) Index 05/12/2013
- Morning Technical Signals – Thursday Dec 5 05/12/2013
- ANZ chart testing useful support 04/12/2013
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Mystery Chart 27/08/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – June 2013 – White Paper 03/06/2013
- Ric Spooner: Hi Tim, Thanks for taking the time to provide fee...
- tim: Thanks Ric, enjoy watching these updates every mor...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Tim - after overnight falls, futures are down a...
- tim: Hi Michael, Im looking at an entry around current...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Digby - there's no way of saying at the moment...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: $GBPCAD Might be a bearish reversal here. See our blog for discussion http://t.co/ne2fY9XW4S http://t.co/Rrnd0GMYLP 16 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @Sharesight: #investors check out @Sharesight Dec Newsletter @Xero @CMCMarketsANZ @FinancialReview #ASX #AFR #NZX http://t.co/xRW0vPBiro 17 hours ago retweeted via Sharesight
- RT @CitizenVoltaire: Qantas; it beats me why anyone would invest in any airline. Trade it for sure, but when was the last time airlines w… 18 hours ago retweeted via CitizenVoltaire