With the downtrend in GBPUSD well established, other FX pairs might provide better risk reward opportunities for trading GBP weakness at the moment. Today’s video reviews the EURGBP chart
A combination of the Karoon Gas buyback and its chart outlook make this a stock to watch
A significantly weaker read on China manufacturing this morning saw AUD/USD gap lower. Given this speaks directly to a key selling theme in AUD – the decline in terms of trade for Australia – there is potential for further falls. I don’t usually post set ups – I prefer “live” trades. But shorting AUD/USD has […]
If at first you don’t succeed … The Fed is beginning to acknowledge an improving labour market; the US Dollar is rallying, gold is drifting lower and Newcrest did a” Newcrest” when it’s Lihir write down exceeded previous guidance. Despite all this, the Newcrest share price remains sticky around the neck line resistance of a […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is breaking out today, clearing 5,640 to signal the start of a new upleg and driving on toward 5,665. Next measured resistance on trend appears near 5,870. RSI indicates upward momentum still growing and not overbought yet. Japan 225 continues to climb, with 15,430 emerging as new support following a […]
On Saturday 6 September, we’ll host an advanced trading workshop in the Melbourne CBD, from 9 am to 5 pm. The 1-day advanced trading workshop is a comprehensive package, focusing on a step-by-step process incorporating technical analysis, trading strategy and trading psychology. You will learn how to understand analysis and how to harness it to […]
Recent weakness in oil prices has pushed US Crude into a lower trading range. This sets new parameters, and offers both bulls and bears potential trade entry points. A dying down of tension on the Ukrainian border, and slowing of IS advances in Iraq has eased supply concerns for oil globally. Additionally, demand in the […]
The US earnings season is a key event on the index trading calendar. On 14 July I posted a blog suggesting that US earnings would need to outperform to keep the stock markets in their now familiar routine of shallow corrections and ongoing uptrend. At this stage earnings have again produced the goods. Here is […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2895 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Trading GBP weakness 22/08/2014
- Karoon Gas buyback – stock to watch 22/08/2014
- Chart Signals – Friday 22 August 22/08/2014
- EURJPY sell zone 21/08/2014
- Sell Set Up – AUD/USD 21/08/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Digby Leask: Thanks I'm also lookjng forward to attending when...
- betty slater: I am interested in Sydney sounds good kind regar...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Tony - please see today's update...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Steve, When the date is set for the next Sydne...
- steve: Hi there, When do you have it in Sydney ?...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Is GBPCAD about to follow GBPSUSD south? Test of 200 day moving average looks ominous http://t.co/T0j5Dj5SqY 24 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Another possibility for trading GBP weakness - EURGBP re-test http://t.co/a9A3ZMnkYe 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Karoon Gas - buyback and chart outlook make this a stock to watch http://t.co/zN4yT7rZ9o 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC