Craig takes you through his favourite trends right now in this week’s Technical Insights video. Watch and see exactly what he is looking for over the coming hours and days within these strongly trending markets
The downtrend in the NZDUSD chart has behaved in text book fashion, ending right on cue and now beginning to correct. Once trends get in sync with chart theory they often continue in this fashion, throwing up trading opportunities
Overnight action in shares and commodities suggest the worst of the China fears are receding. Although the Chinese share market is largely insulated from international investors, and responds more to policy changes than economic fundamentals, many outside China took the sell off as a signal of a worsening economic situation. After eight (!) responses from […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to climb up off a higher low near 5,500, clearing 5,600 and driving on toward 5,625 with next potential resistance at a Fibonacci cluster in the 5,655 to 5,670 zone then 5,720. RSI back above 50 confirms momentum turning upward. Japan 225 is bouncing around between 20,000 and 20,500 […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is trading near 5,555 as it bounces around in a channel between 5,400 and 5,725. RSI bouncing around 50 confirms sideways momentum. Initial support and resistance near 5,540 and 5,570. Japan 225 has fallen to within striking distance of 20,000 and 19,925 a 23% retracement and channel bottom while resistance […]
GBPCAD is showing early signs of potentially bearish RSI divergence. This could see a pull back into the zone of the 10 and 20 day moving averages but the overall market map suggests a more significant downward correction is also possible if this divergence is confirmed.
Conventional wisdom is that the USD will continue to strengthen as the first Fed rate hike approaches. However: Markets rarely go anywhere in a straight line The US Dollar index is up 4% over the last 5 weeks, and more than 20% since February 2014 Some of the most profitable technical trades go against the […]
Commodity bear markets have a couple of common characteristics Prices often fall further and stay weaker for a lot longer than most expect because producers tend to hang on for a lot longer than anticipated Temporary bouts of optimism provide corrective rallies along the way. This scenario fits the oil market at the moment. Opec […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to retreat within its 5,400 to 5,700 trading channel falling toward the midpoint and Fibonacci support near 5,555 with its next downside tests after that near 5,500 then 5,445. RSI testing 50 where a break would confirm the downturn. Japan 225 is holding steady near 20,600 but with resistance […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4857 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Mid Week Bonanza 29/07/2015
- NZDUSD chart review 29/07/2015
- Australia 200 Index – Get on Up 29/07/2015
- Chart Signals – Weds, July 29 29/07/2015
- Chart Signals – Tuesday, July 28 28/07/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Precious Metal Meltdown! - CMC Markets Blog: […] 30 minute window. Last week, my colleagu...
- Ric Spooner: Thanks for the insight. Looks interesting Regards...
- Apt Capital: The Australia 200 is also now at the 50% retraceme...
- Uno: Hong Kong H is an other trend that so far has not ...
- Ric Spooner: Sorry Vlad, I see what you are saying. No intentio...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: NZDJPY - close above head and shoulder neck line could put RSI above 50%. Corrective rally on the cards then http://t.c… 13 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: #NZDUSD correction getting underway after a textbook downtrend http://t.co/DulNaF9DUV 16 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @BUSINESSricardo: VIDEO: How regional shares closed following Chinese share slump. @MMcCarthy_CMC has more details @SBSNews 10pm http://… 21 hours ago retweeted via BUSINESSricardo