After rallying more than 4.5% last week, the Australia 200 index has struggled to make much headway so far this week This coincides with the fact that it has retraced about 38.2 % of the decline from mid-August.
While the Euro has recently been in what looks like an ongoing corrective rally against a lot of other currencies its been strong against the Kiwi for several months. Today’s video reviews a potential bullish EURNZD Triangle setup
Changes in the global growth outlook have driven sharemarket performance, and the Singapore 30 is moving broadly in line with markets around the world. The delivery of China GDP, industrial production and retail sales numbers today may provide further evidence, and are potentially market moving. Ahead of the numbers, what is the currents state of play for […]
If the, Medibank IPO has you thinking about the Australian health insurance industry as an investment, NIB Holdings (NHF.ASX) is another alternative. The IPO might see some arbitrage activity between Medibank and its its junior competitor. If the float is very succesful, NIB could be dragged up by investors looking for a cheaper alternative.
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 remains in an upswing with RSI clearing 50 to signal an upturn in momentum. It has run into some resistance near 5,340 with more possible near 5,370 then 5,430 but support continues to move up, this time toward 5,290. Japan 225 has rallied back above 15,000 and straight into its […]
What goes down might go up. Friday’s stock market rally and a solid start to the week in Asia has traders sensing a rally. Long term trend followers might be thinking about retracement levels for a chance to sell and rejoin the major downtrend. The markets that have had the biggest moves so far might […]
Our North American strategist, Colin Cieszynski, published the following note in a preview of Apple’s earnings result, due early tomorrow morning Australian time: Trading Analysis: Apple Earnings Preview – Can iPhone sales save Apple’s shares? Apple’s quarterly earnings report scheduled for after US exchanges close on Monday October 20th could represent another make or break […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to rally and is currently testing 5,340 resistance on the index and 50 on the RSI where breakouts would confirm an upturn in momentum and the start of a new uptrend with next resistance near 5,370 a previous support level, then 5,430 a Fibonacci level. Support rises toward 5,250. […]
Recent market action suggests there is underlying strength in Asia Pacific shares. On Monday, it was apparent in the Australia 200 index. Today, a classic reversal pattern is nearing completion in the Hong Kong 43 index:
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2991 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Banks and Australia 200 reach technical levels 21/10/2014
- EURNZD Triangle 21/10/2014
- Singapore 30 index – the facts 21/10/2014
- Medibank IPO and NIB Holdings 21/10/2014
- Chart Signal – Tuesday, Oct 21 21/10/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Peter Ralph: Ric, it's a little better than than that for NIB....
- Adam Novek: I didn't pick up on the bollinger bands expanding...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks for your comments Adam. I've posted some n...
- Adam Novek: You did a good call with the ASX200 the other day ...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Richard - thanks for your suggestion. I've pas...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Australia 200 and the banks getting nervous at technical levels http://t.co/Q06vU8O1As 17 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Poor $Kiwi. Could this be a bullish triangle in EURNZD?http://t.co/IbZYLUgI4v 21 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Singapore 30 index – the facts http://t.co/bmhq2jpHLG 24 hours ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC