The calls for an interest rate cut next week are louder than the cicadas of high summer. Once the various vested interests, such as housing market participants and bricks and mortar retailers, are discounted, there is still a hard core of respected economists and analysts chirping the rate cut song. In my view, they’ll be […]
Colin Cieszynski is unwell.
In Australia, being called a “battler” is usually a compliment, comparable to “salt of the earth”. Battlers “take arms against a sea of troubles” without complaint, while maintaining a laid back sense of humour. So when Aussie currency traders call the local currency “the Little Aussie Battler” they mean it affectionately, while also acknowledging trouble […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to trend toward the top of its 5,275 to 5,500 trading channel, currently peeking above 5,455 Fibonacci resistance while support climbs toward 5,400. RSI indicates upward momentum still increasing. Japan 225 continues to climb with support moving up from the 17,000 round number toward the 17,200 Fibonacci level. RSI […]
Who knows what impact the ECB quantitative easing announcement will have on markets – big directional movements; wild swings in either direction or not much. These all seem quite plausible outcomes as we head into tonight’s announcement. Bigger picture traders using daily or 4 hour charts often adopt an approach of staying out of the […]
From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: What do you do when the market you trade doesn’t give you the conditions for you to make good trades that fit your strategies? Do you patiently wait until the market sorts itself out? Or, do you do what many traders do and continue to trade through the […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to climb within a 5,275 to 5,500 trading channel bouncing nicely up off a Fibonacci cluster near the bottom and up through 5,385 into the upper half of the range. RSI back above 50 indicates momentum turning upward again. Japan 225 was unable to break through 17,500 resistance and […]
From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: The dust seems to have settled on last week’s moves and some very nice trends continue to offer opportunities. In this week’s Technical Insights Craig Cobb takes you through some trends he is looking to trade now and others that are on his watch list awaiting directional clarity.
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to hold above a Fibonacci support cluster near 5,275. RSI near 50 suggests sideways momentum intact and range bound trading continues between there and 5.385 with next resistance after that near 5,440. Japan 225 is breaking out today, clearing 17,200 for the index and 50 on the RSI to […]
Anticipation of Fed rate hikes and weak oil prices have led to a strong uptrend in the Dollar against its Canadian counterpart. All good things must come to an end though and pattern traders will be interested that USDCAD is showing signs of losing momentum at a key Fibonacci level
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4044 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Why the RBA won’t cut rates next week 27/01/2015
- No Chart Signals Today 27/01/2015
- The Little Aussie Battler 23/01/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday, Jan 23 23/01/2015
- German Dax – Sell set up 22/01/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Ric Spooner: Thanks DV. Hope it pans out well Ric...
- DV34: First buy entry set, gartley buy pattern on 4 hour...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi DV - yes, it's our intention to record these s...
- DV34: Can these webinars be recorded for those of us who...
- Michael McCarthy: In the "positions" window, if you click the red ...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Why the RBA won’t cut rates next week http://t.co/AvHNJyW5kZ 12 hours ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: The Little Aussie Battler http://t.co/rvoSjDcnwX 5 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @gregorymckenna: @MMcCarthy_CMC @JordanEliseo @Colgo BTW - here is my gold chart - weekly $1325 next resistance http://t.co/hoXwgPneH0 5 days ago retweeted via gregorymckenna