Whatever markets you trade – indices; stocks; forex or commodities, the chances are their fate could be determined by how this chart set up plays out in coming days.
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has advanced up through the Fibonacci cluster in the 5,655 to 5,670 range and appears to be waiting for RSI to regain 50 for confirmation that an upturn out of a double bottom may be underway. Next resistance near 5,755 with more support near 5,640. Japan 225 remains well supported […]
Michael’s blog AUSUSD Breaking Bad looks at the potential for the Aussie to break support against the US. I think it also looks poised for a downward move against the Kiwi after the type of very steep rally that often produces a decent correction. This video discusses an approach to a possible short term sell […]
After a period of strength, AUD/USD may be breaking bad again. RBA Deputy Governor Lowe commented last week that the RBA may still lower rates if it deems fit, and overnight the FOMC moved back the US tightening timetable, but clarified it was looking through the weaker first quarter data. In other words AUD rates […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has successfully retested support near 5,555 and rebounded back up toward 5,630. It still needs to get back through a Fibonacci cluster in the 5,650 to 5,670 area to call off its current downtrend. Japan 225 is breaking out today, clearing 20,225 to trade at its highest level since 2000 […]
In this week’s technical insights Craig Cobb takes you through his favourite index markets for the coming hours and the rest of the week. He covers both hemisphere time zones so there should be something for everyone.
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is the largest stock listed in Australia, with an Australia 200 index weighting around 9.5%. It is also highly correlated to the other major banks – and ANZ, CBA, NAB and WBC combined account for around 29% of the index. Where CBA goes, so do the other banks, and […]
From Hao Sun at Trade with Precision: Higher timeframe analysis is a crucial step in my trading. The story between buyer and seller on the high timeframe is very important to me as it helps to confirm my trade direction. Once I know which direction I would like to trade in, I then look for […]
I posted a blog on MACD Divergence on EURUSD a couple of weeks ago. This did not lead to any clear change in trend, instead we have seen an ongoing but relatively choppy and low momentum up trend since then. This has all led to a possible third peak and 3 drives to a high […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4514 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- US Bonds – a key chart for world markets. 22/05/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday, May 22 22/05/2015
- AUDNZD – Better call Saul 21/05/2015
- AUD/USD Breaking Bad 21/05/2015
- Chart Signals – Thursday, May 21 21/05/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Ric Spooner: Thanks Carol. Always great to get some feedback R...
- AUDNZD: Love it when you use Elliot Wave, and your explana...
- Malcolm: Totally excellent, good clear voice, not rushed, p...
- Frank Mac: This is excellent Hao, Thank you for sharing it....
- Stephen: Great article, thank you. Starting out trading it...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: US T Bond - How this plays out in coming days might be a key driver for a lot of other markets http://t.co/FPZwvPsaSF h… 3 days ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: 3 drives pattern right @ 200 day moving average looks like there's potential for a correction lower EURNZD http://t.co… 4 days ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: AUDNZD - Better call Saul http://t.co/M3zQtZKzQ9 #forex 4 days ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC