This might be an interesting week or two for the BHP and, by extension, the Australia 200 index. BHP has hit a possible chart support zone, while iron ore is heading towards minor support dating back to 2009.
Here is today’s wrap and chart signals
I wrote a piece a few weeks ago on how Yahoo, which owns 22% of Alibaba gave private traders a chance to be on the existing owners’ side of a major IPO. This was a welcome chance to change from our normal role as the ones the shares are being sold to.
The Dow hit a new all-time high today and while some follow-though is possible, the main focus of today’s trading is likely to be on the Scotland referendum results. While announcements are coming out in the middle of the night in Britain, it’s right through the heart of the business day for Asia Pacific countries […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has successfully retested 5,370 support. With RSI oversold and the Index back above 5,430 a trading rebound appears to be underway that could potentially test 5,500. On a downturn, next support may appear in the 5,270-5,300 zone. Japan 225 continues to rally to new long-time highs trading above 16,200. RSI […]
In this week’s Trade with Precision’s technical Insights we take a look at four soft commodities that have reached, or breached, key levels. Our commentator takes us through trades that are potentially setting up in the direction of the prevailing trends:
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 remains under pressure as resistance falls toward 4,460 and it continues to test 4,400 with next downside support possible near 5,370 and previous lows then 5,270 a Fibonacci level. RSI oversold so a bounce possible but that could be more of a pause in a bigger downtrend than a sustainable […]
(The following is a comprehensive look at implications of tonight’s US Federal Reserve announcement. Originally distributed to CMC’s North American clients, I’ve asked Colin to post it here as well - MM) With the US economy generally continuing to improve since the last FOMC meeting in July, it looks likely the central bank may […]
Despite a positive lead from US markets, banks and other high dividend stocks are pushing the Australia 200 index below support today. With the Fed decision looming, this could be significant. But with Australian bank yields starting to look attractive it might pay not to ignore technical supports a little below current levels
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2952 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- BHP, Australia 200 and iron ore chart 22/09/2014
- Chart Signals Monday 22 September 22/09/2014
- Alibaba IPO and the Yahoo chart 19/09/2014
- Scotland polls now closed, results to dominate today’s trading 19/09/2014
- Chart Signals – Friday, Sep 19 19/09/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Ric Spooner: Hi Marco All things equal a stronger $US would be...
- Marco: Would the short side on these commodities all be r...
- DV34: GBPUSD hit target 1.65146 during Scottish referend...
- GNP: Fantastic to see commentary around Ag commodities....
- Ric Spooner: Hi, My view is that the win: loss ratio needs to ...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @9NewsAUS: Thousands hit the streets of New York City, calling for action on climate change. @rmpenfold in #9NewsAt6 #9Newscomau http://… 1 day ago retweeted via 9NewsAUS
- RT @Sarah_Buchanan: Why more Australians are choosing mFunds http://t.co/z2YZwguQKS @CMCMarketsANZ 1 day ago retweeted via Sarah_Buchanan
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: 200 index; BHP and iron ore support all looks related. Whether it breaks or holds could be clue to next market move htt… 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC