It’s been a lousy week for milk prices but arguably and even worse one for iron ore. This together with today’s soft Aussie retail sales figure has seen $A lose ground against the Kiwi from what looks as though it could be a significant turning point.
Here is today’s wrap and chart signals
This quarterly outlook post comes from our London Analyst, Jasper Lawler (@jlawler_cmc). Saudi Arabia has increased oil production since the last OPEC meeting. Such a policy is focused on market share instead of price and indicates a strategy to eliminate competition in the long term.
Quarterly Outlook post By Michael McCarthy. Engagement with China’s higher growth saved the Australian and New Zealand economies from the worst ravages of the global financial crisis. As the world begins to journey towards a post QE-environment, this former tailwind may become an anchor unless the Tasman nations can successfully transform into less commodity dependent economies.
Over the next few days we will be posting a series of quarterly outlook articles by our analysts from around the globe. Here is the first by Michael Hewson in London. Michael’s Twitter handle is @mhewson_CMC
The New Zealand Dollar has a tendency to make quite large moves from time to time as we can see here on the monthly chart. Within the last five years it has ranged from 50 cents to near on parity and now, having tracked down through the key level of 77 cents, seems […]
Cabcharge faces the ill winds of change in the form of competition from ride sharing services and mobile booking apps. However, it’s down 40% since September and has hit what could be a major chart support level.
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4719 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- AUDNZD – the end of the rally 03/07/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday 3 July 03/07/2015
- Oil prices and the Opec factor 02/07/2015
- Cooling China brings ANZ back to the pack 02/07/2015
- US market outlook: sell in May and go away? 02/07/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- DV34: I agree re the Euro, I am longer term bullish as w...
- Ric Spooner: Thanks for contributing your insights Carol Regar...
- NZDUSD: Hi There. have been looking at the NZDUSD chart f...
- Karl: Gap down followed by a bullish candle on the last ...
- Uno: Kudos, well spotted! All we need now is to be give...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: It's a race to the bottom between milk and iron ore prices. AUDNZD looks as though it's at turning point http://t.co/Wi… 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- Watch @ricspooner_CMC on Bloomberg @business discussing Greek referendum and its impact on markets #Grexit http://t.co/1zcoQbEIG1 #euro 1 day ago
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Today's chart signals in FX; Index and commodity markets http://t.co/RvV1SrgFK7 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC