There was relief for Woolworths shareholders yesterday. The Annual General Meeting saw the company’s guidance for 4-7% profit growth this year maintained while management reported an improvement in sales over recent weeks. The stock close up by more than 2%
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 ran into resistance near 5,420 a Fibonacci level, and has dropped back a bit. RSI has faltered near 50 again, a hurdle it needs to clear to signal an upturn. Next support near 5,385 then 5,330. Japan 225 is starting to break down heading into today’s economic news. Index has […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is turning upward once again, clearing 5,385 to break out of a base and signal an upturn with next Fibonacci tests near 5,420 the 5,455. RSI still needs to clear 50 to confirm an upturn in momentum. Japan 225 remains in consolidation mode, trading near 17,350 within a 16,800 to […]
Here is the next in our series of posts providing examples of Larry Pesavento’s patterns and discussing alternatives to trading strategy. This video outlines a potential Gartley 222 sell set up in the 60 minute EURUSD chart
Market reactions to the Peoples’ Bank of China’s (PBoC) rate cut on Friday night are perplexing. The initial response was positive, pushing shares and industrial commodities higher. However, yesterday saw resources in particular under pressure, and a reversal of the previous session’s gains. What’s a trader to do? From a fundamental perspective, the rate cut […]
From Trade with Precision’s Craig Cobb: With so much activity going on out there it can be hard to work out where to look. In this week’s Technical Insights Craig takes you through some of his favourites for trading the remainder of the week plus names many more markets worth your attention during this great […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to stabilize in the 5,300 to 5,360 range. Hammer candles suggest a base forming as bearish attacks being steadily rebuffed by the bulls. RSI below 50 but stabilizing suggests downward pressure starting to ease. Resistance near 5,390 then 5,425. Japan 225 is sending mixed signals as it consolidates recent […]
On the daily chart we can see that the EURCAD has had a convincing break of the key level 1.4050. The price action has retraced to near this level and what was support may well become resistance – offering a trading opportunity. Notice that the trend is to the down side with the […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
3032 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Woolworths shares – selling the rally 28/11/2014
- Chart Signals – Friday, Nov 28 28/11/2014
- Newcrest nervous at chart resistance 27/11/2014
- Chart Signals – Thursday, Nov 27 27/11/2014
- EURUSD Gartley Sell 26/11/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Michael McCarthy: ha - Tim, thanks for the reminder of the Filthy St...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Deon, As you can see from the ticket, I have a...
- tim: Michael's back!!! I love it when you post your ti...
- Deon: Michael, at what stage do you move your stop?...
- Michael McCarthy: Yes - I'm in. Note the 2 point boundary - often n...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Newcrest Mining nervous at chart resistance http://t.co/m0imi372Gk 2 days ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Australia 200 Index – Buy the Gamechanger http://t.co/LTgizoEZ8Y 3 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @CCieszynski_CMC: Asia morning insights "#crudeoil drops as production cut spec fades" http://t.co/Dfju0a1Pld #WTI #Brent #GDP #AUD #NZD… 3 days ago retweeted via CCieszynski_CMC