One approach to much anticipated market events like the FOMC meeting is to scan the major trading instruments in advance to select what look to be the best potential setup for both the bullish and the bearish outcome (assuming examples can be found to fit your trading and risk management strategies) Here are my thoughts leading into the Fed meeting.
Today’ 5MADT comes to you from cool Melbourne. Another win overnight makes 6 successful trades so far. The Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy is so far in the black for the month of June that losses on every remaining day will still result in an overall profit of 68 pips – and any further … Read Full Story
I’m in sunny Adelaide today – 5MADT is on the road. Last night’s trade stopped out. Still, with five wins under the belt June will show a profit regardless. I’ll publish the full results table when I’m back in the office on Friday. In the meantime, today’s prices: Order 1 : Buy at 1.3337, … Read Full Story
After four successful trades in a row, the Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy stopped out on Friday night. All good things must come to an end. However, with five wins so far the strategy will make money for the month, even if there are no further winning trades. For traders working the strategy from … Read Full Story
The Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy is delivering! Another successful trade overnight gives five from nine, and now means any trader who implemented the system from the beginning of the month is not only up 147 pips, but will make a certain profit for the month. it’s interesting to note that once again the … Read Full Story
This might be an interesting session for equity markets. The S&P 500 has come back to test key support levels it bounced off last week. Today’s candle on SPX CFD in the Asian time zone is red and working below supports. This is a much watched support level. So if weakness continues into the US session it could add … Read Full Story
Three wins in a row, and the best start to a Five Minutes a Day Trading month yet. The scorecard now reads four successful trades from eight – well above the required run rate for a successful month. This means the strategy is up 108 pips so far.
A 15% correction, oversold indicators, support level forming, interest rate differentials, intentions of central banks – how many reasons do traders want to buy AUD/JPY? While many traders are focussed on the recently volatile USD/JPY, and locals are watching AUD/USD closely given recent falls, there is a logical next step trade – AUD/JPY. The arguments … Read Full Story
Browse by category
Free trading insights
1917 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Trade Setups for the FOMC Meeting 19/06/2013
- Five Minutes Trading – Guaranteed Profit – June 19 19/06/2013
- Five Minutes Trading – on the Road – June 18 18/06/2013
- Five Minutes Trading – All Good Things – June 17 17/06/2013
- 5MADT – Four in a Row – June 14 14/06/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Late Surge Delivers – the February Wrap 01/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – June 2013 – White Paper 03/06/2013
- Too Late to Buy Dividends? 04/03/2013
- Gold Triangle Break 27/03/2013
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Kathy - whether this strategy is applicable to ...
- Kathy Johns: Thanks for the figures you've shown in this post....
- Andy P: DV - which back testing tools do you use, obviousl...
- Matthew: Another win - nice work! (I feel as though I ow...
- CG: Well done Michael, Buy order triggered and another...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
Follow @CMCMarketsANZ on Twitter