The European Central Bank versus the Bank of Japan – who will win? Both are pursuing a “competitive devaluation” strategy through monetary stimulus, both desperately need the boost a lower currency can deliver to their respective economies. Over the last 7 months, the ECB has the edge, but that may change very soon. The BoJ […]
On one level the currency wars are an attempt by other central banks to import some much needed growth from the US. The flip side is that a strong Dollar is importing economic weakness and low inflation into the US economy from elsewhere.
We’re still getting a lot of follow-through on yesterday’s big USD plunge that released a lot of pressure from other currencies, confirming that a major trend chang appears to be underway. Gold also continues to advance as USD retreats. Index action has been more mixed but bases still appear to be forming in most indices […]
From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision This week Craig takes you into the world of precious metals. With turmoil and uncertainty often these markets can see a strong reaction. Watch as Craig points out the leaders and laggers and decides how he is going to trade them given the chance this week.
The big downturn in USD today has ignited across the board rallies in major currencies, gold and oil, completing bases and signalling new uptrends. Many of these rallies have been confirmed by RSI crossings or retests of the 50 line. Indices, however, have continued to struggle although US indices did pick up later in their […]
From Nilay Guha at Trade with Precision: The press is filled with reports on the drop of prices in oil and one would naturally be prompted into looking at short opportunities on this commodity. Let’s take a closer look at Brent Oil; a cursory glance at the monthly or weekly charts does in fact lead […]
McCarthy highlights a rare situation in CSL ahead of its results report on February 16. In his view, there is both a fundamental and technical case for selling CSL. This short presentation examines the situation from a trader’s point of view. Link – Investment Strategy And The Reporting Season
What looked more like pauses yesterday have grown into full-fledged corrections today with indices dropping. Capital appears to be finding its way back into defensive havens with JPY bouncing back strongly against several currencies. A number of markets have either faltered short of 50 or fallen back below it suggesting recent enthusiasm has faded for […]
The under performance of buy and hold strategies in 2015 sees many investors taking a more active approach to their portfolios. The conflicting actions of global central banks will likely further increase market volatility in 2016. Combined with a modestly positive economic outlook and significant overhanging risks, the potential for wildly swinging sentiment to drive […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
5991 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- When Giants Clash – EUR/JPY 05/02/2016
- What currency wars? – Dollar breaks support 05/02/2016
- Chart Signals: Currencies keep climbing as USD keeps plunging 05/02/2016
- Raging Golden Bull 04/02/2016
- Crude Oil chart – key levels 04/02/2016
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Michael McCarthy: A better idea - you're welcome to guest blog anyt...
- sachin: good one! except that billion dollar buyback is no...
- DV34: Thanks Michael, I deliberately leave the links out...
- Michael McCarthy: Always appreciate your insights DV. Ric tells me y...
- DV34: USD completed monthly AB=CD pattern, silver formin...