The shock waves from yesterday’s Bank of Japan meeting continue to impact forex and index trading with JPY having soared on the news sending Japan 225 and JPY pairs sharply lower. NZD continues to respond favourably to yesterday’s RBNZ news pulling AUD along for the ride. Hong Kong 50 continues to pick up while India […]
The oil recovery and Fed caution have combined to see the US Dollar fall 13% against its Canadian counterpart since January. Chart indicators are now pointing to the possibility that this trend could be nearing an end. This video takes a look at a potential buy set up in USDCAD.
Very few people, if any at all, are natural born traders. For most of us it is a lifelong journey of learning, improving and honing our skills. Just like in any other field, good results can often be based on past experience: you face a new challenge, apply what you have learned so far and […]
The big theme across stock markets in the US, Australia, and crude oil, has been one of resilience, with markets taking everything the bears could throw at them and still managing to attract support and bounce back. Central banks are also influencing trading today. NZD has rebounded on today’s neutral RBNZ decision while JPY has […]
Australian inflation in the first quarter of 2016 was shockingly low. The headline rate of inflation fell by 0.2% in the quarter, making the yearly rate a paltry 1.3 %. This is well below the RBA target range of 2-3%. Naturally, the news has released the hounds of interest rate cuts. The RBA stance is […]
WTI has surged again in recent trading on the news of a surprise drop in API inventories, while the NADDAQ is plunging after Apple came in well short of expectations on earnings, sales and guidance a triple whammy. In other action, AUD and NZD continue to climb along with indices in Japan and India. Asia […]
Valuations for the US SPX 500 have become pretty rich. This week’s earning’s reports might need to beat expectations to prevent the index being sold. Apple reports tomorrow and will be one of the key drivers of market sentiment.
This has been a big downtrend. The Pound has been hit by the Brexit vote while the Aussie Dollar has ridden the wave of an unexpected resurgence in commodity prices. Chief among these has been Australia’s main export, iron ore. Despite a bearish consensus outlook, the spot iron ore price is up 84% from its […]
The steel market has gone ballistic. If you don’t normally pay much attention to it, now might be the time to start. It’s become the latest focus for market volatility and its showing signs of reaching a crunch point, just as BHP and Rio back away from key chart levels. That could be significant for […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
6050 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Chart Signals: JPY, NZD and Japan 225 remain in focus 29/04/2016
- Dollar Reversal 28/04/2016
- Trade Documentation as a Building Block for Trading Success 28/04/2016
- Chart Signals: Stocks and oil resilient, NZD rebounds, JPY weakens 28/04/2016
- Sell AUD/USD on Shock CPI 27/04/2016
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Michael McCarthy: Interesting study quoted today that shows valuatio...
- James: Totally agree, but fundamentals are the very last ...
- Uno: There are those who think production is at a peak ...
- James: Too much froth and bubble in the commentariat abou...
- Milan: Bullish to 48.7 BUT only if it can break 43.213...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @CCieszynski_CMC: Resource #stocks rally as falling #USD boosts #gold & #oil https://t.co/eAIHIqNndu #earnings #CSeries #JPY #NZD 3 hours ago
- A soft lead from US markets, weaker than expected US GDP growth & stronger AUD is likely to keep investors cautious at the open this morning 4 hours ago
- While the ASX 200 index finished higher yesterday, it remained inside Wednesday’s range. @ricspooner_CMC 4 hours ago