With the Fed now only 2 weeks away from its crucial rate hike decision and markets still jittery about the Australian and Chinese economies, here are some thoughts on 3 things traders will watch this week.
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has rallied up into the 5,260 to 5,280 zone but appears to be running into some resistance near 5,380 and 50 on the RSI which it needs to clear to confirm an upturn. Next support near 5,240. Hong Kong 43 faltered near 22,200 and failed to hold above 22,145 a […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 remains in recovery mode with support moving up from 5,200 toward 5,260 with resistance emerging in the 5,300 to 5,310 area. next potential resistance near 5,350 then 5,385 a 50% retracement of the selloff from April. Japan 225 has started to level off between the 19,000 round number and 19,025 […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to rebound with RSI above 30 and rising indicating downward pressure easing. Support has moved up toward 5,130 from 5,000 while the index has regained 5,200 and rallied on toward 5,240 with next resistance possible near 5,200 then 5,285 a Fibonacci level Japan 225 is on the rebound, bouncing […]
I’ve been saying for some time that through much of 2015, US stock markets have been undergoing a mid-cycle consolidation similar to 1994-1995 and 2004-2005. We had been working through the middle months, but recent trading suggests other years may provide even better examples of what we could expect in the coming weeks.
From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: With the mayhem in the markets this week, especially in global index markets, there was a temptation to join the selling as the possibility of massive gains was almost too strong to resist! Giving in to this temptation is however impulse trading, or in this case: impulse selling. […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has dropped back into the 5,100 to 5,135 range having traded up toward 5,300 yesterday before backsliding. RSI back above 30 suggests downward pressure starting to ease but market remains sensitive to swings in commodity prices. Japan 225 has come under renewed pressure falling from near 18,350 down through 18,210 […]
Share market sell offs are frightening for investors. The current global rout extends to commodities and currencies, adding to a perception of crisis. Yet markets rarely go anywhere in a straight line, and pullbacks are a natural part of market behaviour. In deciding how to respond to the current market moves, investors must answer the […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
5012 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- 3 things traders will watch this week 31/08/2015
- Chart Signals 31/08/2015
- Australia 200 Index – Where are we now? 28/08/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday, Aug 28 28/08/2015
- Aussie Dollar chart support 27/08/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Fred Dag: Thankyou for your Summary today good for overall u...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Laurie - this report is specifically tailored f...
- Laurie Bunting: Any reason why you don't include USD/EUR in your ...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Benzie - you can find an example of an index he...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks James - but it's a fast moving environment...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @IngridWillinge: #ASX loses 8.6% for the month.. the biggest decline since Oct 2008. Finishes at 5207. #ausbiz 21 hours ago retweeted via IngridWillinge
- See @ricspooner's take on the 3 things traders will be watching this week http://t.co/5X1PyFNKMi #trading #USD #Fed #Rates #China #GDP #PMI 22 hours ago
- This week see's more than 40 high impact economic announcements being released to the market #RBA #GDP #China #ausbiz http://t.co/G9aqwFDkZd 23 hours ago