After yesterday’s CPI figure, the Aussie currency pairs are in play. Today’s video outlines a potential sell trade in AUDCAD
The latest rally in Qantas shares has extended to test the 200 day moving average for the 4th time since September last year.
While today’s CPI number was good news for the broader Australian economy it’s put the currency under pressure. Today’s update reviews the Aussie Dollar after the CPI and takes a look at the chart after this morning’s selling
Press reports that Crown Resorts is considering spinning the wheel for a chance at buying a Las Vegas casino saw its share price down 1.1% yesterday. General talk of a possible acquisition without details of the price to be paid usually makes investors nervous.
Trading has resumed after Easter with a number of markets interestingly placed. In today’s update video I discuss how traders might use the current AUDUSD falling wedge leading into tomorrow’s important CPI release.
Macro data from China and the US confirms a modestly positive global growth scenario, supporting risk assets. Today’s video looks at startling developments in oil markets, and a global oil and gas stock breaking out.
I know, I know. If you’re watching the market, you’re already watching BHP. However, yesterday’s production report means BHP bears a closer look over the next few trading days. BHP surprised on iron ore. Both Rio and Fortescue reported production drops for Q1 2014 vs Q4 2013, mainly due to poor weather conditions. However, BHP […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2672 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- AUDCAD breaking support 24/04/2014
- Qantas shares testing resistance 24/04/2014
- Chart Signals – Thursday 24 April 24/04/2014
- Aussie Dollar after the CPI 23/04/2014
- Crown Resorts shares test support – Stock to Watch 23/04/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Mystery Chart 27/08/2013
- Timing TPG Telecom - CMC Markets Blog: […] leading to a 25% earnings uplift is good...
- Michael McCarthy: Yes Mike - Colin's analysis is back today...
- Mike: Hello there, I don't seem to be able to find the...
- AUD/JPY - a second bite at the cherry - CMC Markets Blog: […] Fridays ago the case for long AUD/JPY tr...
- DV34: Agree re Indices looking to short this week...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @Colgo: Here's @MMcCarthy_CMC on the market volatility of the past week. http://t.co/Xdcy9z4dkF (Trader can write. Who knew?!) 1 week ago retweeted via Colgo
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: BHP – a slow burn http://t.co/CAGYQcPMt8 1 week ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @BusInsiderAU: Markets May Just Have To Get Used To Weird Weeks Like This - http://t.co/QkicBtpmvb by @MMcCarthy_CMC 1 week ago retweeted via BusInsiderAU