With USD being one of the heaviest traded currencies in the world of FX and with the major USD crosses representing some of the tightest spreads, it is no wonder that it is a currency with a great deal of focus put on it. Just because it has a lot of focus doesn’t mean that […]
China stock markets are on the move as the economy stabilises and markets look forward to the government linking the Hong Kong and mainland exchanges. Recent trends make China’s indices candidates for traders with strategies based around looking for the opportunity to join impulsive moves.
This has been a key question for share market investors. It hasn’t been simply a matter of piling into any bank. As the chart below shows, a share in NAB bought about 70% of a CBA share when bank stocks reached their darkest hour after the GFC. Today a NAB share will buy only 42% […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is running into resistance near 5,600 but continues to hold above its 5,570 breakout point keeping its uptrend intact for now. Next upside resistance appears near 5,780 with next support near 5,555 then 5,500. Japan 225 is holding above 14,530 and trading above 15,500, confirming continued interest following last week’s […]
This week’s high in the ASX 200 index peaked right at resistance. While the Australia 200 CFD has drifted a bit lower today, it hasn’t really rejected this resistance. Looks like investors are happy to make this next week’s issue. Today’s video discusses the alternatives
Gold mining stocks were in the news yesterday and their charts look interestingly placed. Besides company specific news, the price of gold and the Aussie Dollar will of course have a major impact on what happens to mining stocks. That being the case, I thought I would include the charts of a couple of miners […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2810 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- The Boss: USD 29/07/2014
- China stock markets on the move 29/07/2014
- Which bank shares 29/07/2014
- Reporting Season Preview – Australia 29/07/2014
- Chart Signals – Tuesday, July 29 29/07/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Brian: Technical Analysis is interesting. I was looking a...
- DV34: I'm hoping for another rally to 1460, been long s...
- Ric Spooner: Hi Brian, Yes big red candle so far. As you say, ...
- Brian: Thanks Ric, Just noticed Beadell has today lost fa...
- PC Grova: Hi Craig .. I like the ability you have to quicken...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: China stock indices on the move. Key drivers and a look a the charts http://t.co/WfqwL9YxiW 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @LeldeSmits: #Interview - @MMcCarthy_CMC shares great #ASX #stock stories, Excited: $SEK $OSH, Concerned: $COH $RMD #ausbiz: https://t.c… 1 day ago retweeted via LeldeSmits
- @NSWWaratahs you crashed @Ticketek_AU Everyone in Sydney will be there on Saturday #Support #GoTahs @CMCMarketsANZ proud sponsors 2 days ago