Index markets are pushing to new highs and they need the US profit reporting season to do the right thing. This video discusses the US profit reporting season and reviews other major items on the trading calendar for the week ahead.
It’s been another risk on day for the markets with US indices charging to new highs and pulling other markets along for the ride. GBP bounces back after the Bank of England decided not to cut interest rates. Capital continues to flow out of defensive havens particularly gold and JPY which has turned downward against […]
Hundreds of thousands of people around the globe are swept up in “Pokemon Go” fever. This new Nintendo offering powerfully combines nostalgia with augmented reality to create a game that is highly attractive to twenty-somethings. Naturally, any activity that generates high and instantaneous interest will catch an investor’s eye. The success of the “Candy Crush” […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 remains under accumulation but appears to be pausing near 5,400 with resistance emerging near 5,415 and more possible at the May high near 5,440. RSI increase indicates upward momentum still increasing. Japan 225 ran into resistance near 16,575 and has dropped back to retest 16,328 a Fibonacci level where support […]
From Hao Sun at Trade with Precision: The latest Non-Farm Payroll figures that came out in June were much better than expected, with 287k newly added jobs compared to the 180k consensus. After the news release, the three major US indices have responded to the positive labour market outlook by staging a multi-day bull rally. […]
The ground is shifting for Australian investors. If you’re a regular reader, you’ll know the current stance on market outlook: The overall economic outlook remains modestly positive, despite significant risks. Conflicting actions of central banks are likely to bring further increases in share price volatility. Sentiment is the key to short term market direction. The […]
Markets have gone back into risk-on mode with capital flooding out of defensive havens like gold and JPY, moving back into stocks and resource dollars like AUD, NZD and CAD (with SGD gaining at a slower pace). GBP has turned back upward sharply as well with some of the Brexit pressures starting to fade. Asia […]
The huge moves in the Pound after Brexit mean this week’s Bank of England meeting could be a big market mover. This video takes a look at the BOE meeting and GBPUSD chart. It also key data scheduled from China; Australia and the US in what promises to be a busy end to the trading […]
From Graeme Kennerley at Trade with Precision: Now that the Brexit vote is behind us the market has decided to sell the Great British Pound off across all it’s trading partners. With the bears firmly in control there are trading opportunities in the lower time frames and in this video one pair in particular is […]
A number of major indices have broken out of downtrend or through channel resistance to signal significant new interest in stocks and the start of new uplegs for stocks around the world. Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 is breaking out of a downtrend today, clearing 5,300 and then 5,335 a Fibonacci level in driving toward […]
Browse by category
- World Indices now focused on US profit reports 18/07/2016
- Chart Signals: Stocks and Sterling rally while Gold and JPY retreat 15/07/2016
- Gotta Sell’em All 14/07/2016
- Chart Signals: Oil retreats as markets retrench 14/07/2016
- The Art of Stock Selection 13/07/2016
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- AUD/CAD turns a corner - CMC Markets Blog: […] could be a trade in itself. However, com...
- Kym: Thanks Ric, very interesting and ominous really. ...
- Tony: (ed - In Tony's view:) The RBA throws petrol o...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks for your comments Digby...
- Digby Leask: Hi Michael--- thanks for that--- it's almost like...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- Yen flies while Kuroda dithers #BOJ 2 days ago
- RT @NSWWaratahs: ANNOUNCEMENT: Impressive country-NSW born prop Tom Robertson recommits for 2 yrs https://t.co/ep9WDrYWGH #Tahspride https:… 2 days ago retweeted via NSWWaratahs
- All of these are events with the capacity to change investor thinking on the market outlook. @ricspooner_CMC 2 days ago