Today’s potential trades: You can read more about the five minutes a day trading strategy here, or watch the video presentation here.
Please ignore the previous email on this post which had to be resent due to error. Apologies for the inconvenience The first week of March means that Non Farm Payrolls are due on Friday. This largest of the news items for the month often is met with a major move but often before a few […]
Each Thursday, I co-host the “Market Day” program on Sky Business (Channel 602) at 430 pm. My brother, Mark McCarthy, hosts “Your Money, Your Call” later on Thursday evenings (yes, we are a family of big-headed show ponies). Last week on Market Day I was chatting on air with Sky journo Ingrid Willinge and expressed […]
Suncorp shares fell 2% yesterday. The Queensland based insurer released an update on the likely revenue impact of claims relating to Cyclone Marcia. This is the second major hazard it’s had to deal with this year. The first was the hailstorm in Brisbane during November. Suncorp estimates it will have around 10,000 claims in Central […]
Day 2 of the Five Minutes a Day Trading campaign gave another stop out. The shape of trading suited the strategy, in that the direction for the session was set by the initial moves. However, the impulse wasn’t strong enough, and the rally faded. Twenty days remain to hit the seven wins needed for a […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 appears to have a bearish key reversal underway, touching a new high then smacking into 6,000 resistance and falling back sharply. RSI rolling back under 70 suggests a correction starting with next potential support near 5,900 then 5,870 both prior lows. Japan 225 continues to drop back from 19,000 resistance […]
The first day of the March Five Minutes a Day Trading campaign in EUR/JPY resulted in a stop out – down 11 pips so far. This is not a surprise – after all, the strategy only requires 7 winning trades from 22 to make a profit, meaning there may be more losing days than winning […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4228 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Five Minutes Trading – Day 3 – Prices #5madt #forex #trading 04/03/2015
- Trade your breakfast 04/03/2015
- Global equity markets on the rise again 04/03/2015
- Nervous about the index 04/03/2015
- Suncorp shares support levels 04/03/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Uno - don't think there's any need to jump in...
- Uno: Are you "sure" about this, both MACD and RSI is ...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Ron, if you're a CMC client you can start by ...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks Nick...
- Nick: I recently made this very suggestion to support a ...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- Watch @MMcCarthy_CMC on @9NewsAUS tonight talking about AU dollar surge before RBA's announcement yesterday #ASIC #investigation 13 hours ago
- @MMcCarthy_CMC talks to @BloombergTV about China stocks rally http://t.co/2r4RGjyXrM #trading 13 hours ago
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Nervous about the index http://t.co/KgQxtrymW6 #share #tradingstrategy 17 hours ago