A reminder that this Saturday, 6 September, we’ll host an advanced trading workshop in the Melbourne CBD, from 9 am to 5 pm. The 1-day advanced trading workshop is a comprehensive package, focusing on a step-by-step process incorporating technical analysis, trading strategy and trading psychology. You will learn how to understand analysis and how to […]
Woolworths is a bit of a metaphor for high dividend stocks in this current low interest environment
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to drift back from 5,685 resistance back toward 5,640 with next support near 5,625 then 5,555 a previous breakout point. RSI sliding back toward 50 suggests upward momentum fading. Japan 225 is holding steady near 15,435 a Fibonacci level, but the index falling away from a lower high near […]
Despite the wishes of RBA Governor Glenn Stevens, the AUD continues to defy gravity. Lower commodity prices should see lower terms of trade, and a lower Aussie, yet the currency continues to frustrate short sellers. Eventually, USD strength as stimulus is withdrawn should see a lower AUD/USD. But the AUD/JPY chart is telling a different […]
Yesterday’s profit announcement did the trick. Not only did Qantas close up 7% but it broke through a chart trend line that’s been in place for nearly 4 years. The urgency of the rally in the rally in the past 2 days suggest short covering. 3.7% of the stock was shorted on the stock market […]
IAG owns the iconic NRMA insurance brand and its shares have risen 132% since August 2011. In the big picture though, upward momentum was lost in May 2013. The stock has risen only 7% since then. 4% of that gain has come since their profit result last week. This pleased the market with a solid […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has levelled off in the 5,600 to 5,685 range. RSI suggests upward momentum fading and it could be vulnerable to a regional correction. A retest of the 5,555 breakout point appears possible in a pullback. Japan 225 continues to roll over, with the index and the RSI drifting back from […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2918 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Advanced Strategy Workshop 01/09/2014
- Woolworths share price support 01/09/2014
- Chart Signals – Monday, September 1 01/09/2014
- AUD/JPY Range Break 29/08/2014
- Qantas shares support and resistance 29/08/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Advanced Strategy Workshop - CMC Markets Blog: […] Read more at: http://blog.cmcmarkets.co...
- Michael McCarthy: Hello Stephen, I've always assumed Colin uses da...
- Stephen Johnson: What duration RSI are you using for the ASX 200 (a...
- Orion Gold: Great analysis but I'm holding my long position o...
- Ric Spooner: Thanks This won't change our daily blogs which w...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: #Woolworths chart support levels http://t.co/3DG4JiyKrZ 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: #Qantas - got that short covering look about it. Here's thoughts on support and resistance http://t.co/J9KBNhqGu3 4 days ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: AUD/JPY Range Break http://t.co/o3J2KkwS0U 4 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC