To help readers keep track of my posts, the table below shows how things stand at present Once a potential set up is negated or a current strategy has been completed this is noted in the table and then not shown again in future summary tables Cheers Ric
If the inverse head and shoulders in the US 10 year bond index meets its targets we will see yields increase to around 3.1-3.4%. At the risk of confusing traders I’ve shown a yield chart here rather than a price chart. US bonds are normally quoted in price but yield can be easier to think about when […]
I posted details of the potential Head and Shoulders top in this chart on 25 November. Price closed below the neck line on Friday triggering an entry. Some profit targets and an initial stop level are noted on the chart below for readers who are interested in a head and shoulders strategy. The first target is based on the […]
Yesterday’s low in this stock looks like a retest of the previous low The market has now rallied away from that level and formed the classic W or double bottom type shape as shown on the chart below The Bollinger bands are indicating that this W is being accompanied by weakening downwards momentum. This is because […]
My earlier post today was about Australian retailer David Jones and continuing along those lines I have another retailer to consider – this time Harvey Norman. The formation here is one that we talk about quite regularly which is the Gartley cluster. The key things that you are looking for here is the 3 wave […]
I posted details of a potential Gartley sell set up on the Nikkei on 19 November and again yesterday This was triggered into yesterday and I’ve put stop levels and profit targets on the chart below. These levels use the same strategy outlined in previous Gartley set up posts. If you’d like more details see my […]
I posted details of a Gartley sell set up in this currency pair on 19 October. Under this strategy you would have sold at around 1.4190 on 26 October and would still be short After yesterday’s candle there is now an opportunity to move the stop down to 1.3908. I have outlined the logic for this […]
This chart has made a head and shoulders formation Reversal traders would sell on a confirmed break below the neck line The higher time frame weekly stochastic oscillator is now trending down from the overbought zone confirming prospects for a short position. I have also noted a W formation Bollinger Band set up on this chart. Under […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
3032 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- EURAUD Gartley Sell 21/11/2014
- Chart Signals – Friday 21 November 21/11/2014
- “It Can’t Go Higher!” 20/11/2014
- Larry Pesavento – Aussie Dollar buy 20/11/2014
- Larry Pesavento on the Apple Inc chart 20/11/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- James: Thanks Ric. Money management and strategy certainl...
- DV34: The word 'can't' should not be part of any trad...
- Ric Spooner: Hi James, Naturally there are many different appr...
- Ric Spooner: Hi Ron, Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately we...
- James: Nice video but there was no targets given just a s...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: EURAUD worth a look for those who trade the Gartley 222 pattern http://t.co/2IzktGrkyC 2 days ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @gregorymckenna: CAn #BHP hold or will it break? @ricspooner_CMC has a great chart I've just added to 20 seconds this morning #ausbiz ht… 3 days ago retweeted via gregorymckenna
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Larry Pesavento outlines potential buy set up based on retracements in #AUDUSD 60 minute chart http://t.co/I51b8Nco0I 4 days ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC