Hi, Following on from Mike’s EUR:USD post, there look to be a couple of potential set ups associated with the trend channel in Euro Aussie as well
Last night saw broad agreement amongst EU nations of the fiscal treaty so favoured by Germany; however the agreement was not universal, with the UK and the Czech Republic refusing to sign up. The treaty is expected to legally bind EU countries to balance their budgets over time; however it is not clear whether some […]
Hi everyone, this is a really interesting chart setup because it is looking for a potential reversal of what has been a very solid uptrend for Lennar stock. The key aspect that we are looking for with this type of setup is for it to accelerate outside of the Bollinger Bands which essentially means that […]
I still want to be short EUR – an increase in supply via the ECB’s LTRO and a track record of disappointment from European political leaders makes me think a sharp move down may be due. I’ve avoided shorting EUR/USD because it was a very crowded trade, but the 6 big figure rally from 1.26 […]
Hi everyone, I’ve been following an ABC sell trade in this stock with recent posts. Woolworths released their 2nd quarter sales results today. Overall results were broadly in line with expectations. Supermarket sales were possibly a bit weaker than generally expected but this was compensated for by somewhat better anticipated sales in the discretionary sector […]
Today’s EU summit is likely to be a rather testy affair after reports on Friday that Berlin wanted more stringent EU oversight of Greece’s finances in return for a new bailout, as concerns grow over the country’s ability to deliver on its financial obligations. Items on the agenda to be discussed include the fiscal compact […]
Hi everyone, The ABC sell set up in Shanghai Electric set up I posted on 20 January was triggered by Friday’s weak close. I’ve outlined some ideas on exit strategy on the first chart below for readers following this trade. There is a similar set up on the cards with Bank of Communications. This would […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2607 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- BHP chart support – stock to watch 12/03/2014
- Chart Signals – Wednesday, March 12 12/03/2014
- Investor alert – BHP and Rio on the radar 11/03/2014
- Weak China data just a blip? – here’s a setup 11/03/2014
- IAG Shares test support – stock to watch 11/03/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Mystery Chart 27/08/2013
- AUD/USD - Au Contraire - CMC Markets Blog: […] fortnight ago I made the case for a high...
- Ritche: I see a few obstacles in the way of this trade: ...
- Graham: There was an additional 88 points today on EUR/USD...
- pete makin: Well whilst those 'down under' are sleeping, the...
- Vlad: Well, I also remember a post called "Sell Everyth...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Chart Signals – Wednesday, March 12 http://t.co/NS6lZu4wcv 15 hours ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is drifting lower after completing a double top near 5,500… http://t.co/cGMuYoT548 15 hours ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Investor alert – BHP and Rio on the radar http://t.co/XqAJYDJ4yy 2 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC