Hi, Following on from Mike’s EUR:USD post, there look to be a couple of potential set ups associated with the trend channel in Euro Aussie as well
Last night saw broad agreement amongst EU nations of the fiscal treaty so favoured by Germany; however the agreement was not universal, with the UK and the Czech Republic refusing to sign up. The treaty is expected to legally bind EU countries to balance their budgets over time; however it is not clear whether some […]
Hi everyone, this is a really interesting chart setup because it is looking for a potential reversal of what has been a very solid uptrend for Lennar stock. The key aspect that we are looking for with this type of setup is for it to accelerate outside of the Bollinger Bands which essentially means that […]
I still want to be short EUR – an increase in supply via the ECB’s LTRO and a track record of disappointment from European political leaders makes me think a sharp move down may be due. I’ve avoided shorting EUR/USD because it was a very crowded trade, but the 6 big figure rally from 1.26 […]
Hi everyone, I’ve been following an ABC sell trade in this stock with recent posts. Woolworths released their 2nd quarter sales results today. Overall results were broadly in line with expectations. Supermarket sales were possibly a bit weaker than generally expected but this was compensated for by somewhat better anticipated sales in the discretionary sector […]
Today’s EU summit is likely to be a rather testy affair after reports on Friday that Berlin wanted more stringent EU oversight of Greece’s finances in return for a new bailout, as concerns grow over the country’s ability to deliver on its financial obligations. Items on the agenda to be discussed include the fiscal compact […]
Hi everyone, The ABC sell set up in Shanghai Electric set up I posted on 20 January was triggered by Friday’s weak close. I’ve outlined some ideas on exit strategy on the first chart below for readers following this trade. There is a similar set up on the cards with Bank of Communications. This would […]
Hi everyone, I’ve posted some comments on this week’s outlook as well as some thoughts on the Australia 200 and US SPX 500 charts
Hi everyone, today for something a little different I am looking at a chart that is in a decent sideways range and is showing some good characteristics for a bounce off the low-end.
The Australia 200 Index has traded sideways since last August. As Europe heads away from collapse, US data improves and monetary conditions remain easy, will the index break out through the topside? The levels to watch are
Browse by category
Free trading insights
5019 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- AUD/NZD Break Down 04/09/2015
- What is the Best Chart to Trade? 04/09/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday, Sep 4 04/09/2015
- Australia 200 – the case for 5400 03/09/2015
- Chart Signals – Thursday, Sep 3 03/09/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Vlad: Really, the most beautiful things in life are the ...
- Ric Spooner: Thanks for your feedback Peter. I know exactly wha...
- Peter Ralph: Ric, I used to have a boss who said "people wi...
- Ric Spooner: True Reg. One of the things about being a public c...
- Reg: ASX 200 is going to hit 4932 prior to going up, y...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- US Non-Farms released this evening, weak results could see chances of a rate rise pushed to December. #nfpguesses? http://t.co/tYfGuQel2G 22 hours ago
- RT @melissadoyle: So last @afl round @GManGIANTS - how do these look? Tigers Crows WB Freo Hawks Swans WCE @GWSGIANTS Pies Good Luck! 23 hours ago retweeted via melissadoyle
- @colgo brilliant feature article on @businessinsider with @mikebairdMP http://t.co/8FNHx7FFZ3 #Opportunity (and #datenight) :) 23 hours ago