Hi, Following on from Mike’s EUR:USD post, there look to be a couple of potential set ups associated with the trend channel in Euro Aussie as well
Last night saw broad agreement amongst EU nations of the fiscal treaty so favoured by Germany; however the agreement was not universal, with the UK and the Czech Republic refusing to sign up. The treaty is expected to legally bind EU countries to balance their budgets over time; however it is not clear whether some […]
Hi everyone, this is a really interesting chart setup because it is looking for a potential reversal of what has been a very solid uptrend for Lennar stock. The key aspect that we are looking for with this type of setup is for it to accelerate outside of the Bollinger Bands which essentially means that […]
I still want to be short EUR – an increase in supply via the ECB’s LTRO and a track record of disappointment from European political leaders makes me think a sharp move down may be due. I’ve avoided shorting EUR/USD because it was a very crowded trade, but the 6 big figure rally from 1.26 […]
Hi everyone, I’ve been following an ABC sell trade in this stock with recent posts. Woolworths released their 2nd quarter sales results today. Overall results were broadly in line with expectations. Supermarket sales were possibly a bit weaker than generally expected but this was compensated for by somewhat better anticipated sales in the discretionary sector […]
Today’s EU summit is likely to be a rather testy affair after reports on Friday that Berlin wanted more stringent EU oversight of Greece’s finances in return for a new bailout, as concerns grow over the country’s ability to deliver on its financial obligations. Items on the agenda to be discussed include the fiscal compact […]
Hi everyone, The ABC sell set up in Shanghai Electric set up I posted on 20 January was triggered by Friday’s weak close. I’ve outlined some ideas on exit strategy on the first chart below for readers following this trade. There is a similar set up on the cards with Bank of Communications. This would […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2989 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- UK 100 retracement levels 20/10/2014
- Iress chart- one for the textbooks 20/10/2014
- Can Iphone 6 Save Apple 20/10/2014
- Chart Signals – Monday, Oct 20 20/10/2014
- Buy Hong Kong 43 on W Reversal 17/10/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Adam Novek: I didn't pick up on the bollinger bands expanding...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks for your comments Adam. I've posted some n...
- Adam Novek: You did a good call with the ASX200 the other day ...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Richard - thanks for your suggestion. I've pas...
- Richard McEntee: When the Fibo Gann tool was available I used it co...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @Moira_Geddes: The investors love you @MMcCarthy_CMC - thanks! Video Avoid selling while the share market is down http://t.co/8dKO2W9Ohe 1 day ago
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: ire.asx could be a textbook abc correction http://t.co/KFiSqhwl2C 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Can Iphone 6 Save Apple http://t.co/In7LrUvphC 1 day ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC