Today’s update video takes a look at potential chart support levels for the US 30, Australia 200, Aussie Dollar and Apple Inc following after market news that its quarterly results missed expectations
Is it better to use trailing or fixed stop losses? I don’t know what readers experience is but my view is that it depends on the type of trading strategy you are using. Both have their place. I’ve recorded a video outlining some ideas for building trailing stops into trading strategies. During January we’ll discuss […]
Some markets look to be at an interesting inflection point. I’ve posted a brief youtube video with some thoughts on current charts
Trading legend and author of the “Market Wizards” series is coming to Australia. Jack will speak at two exclusive CMC functions, where traders will not only hear from his thirty plus years experience but have the opportunity to ask questions about all things trading. This is a rare opportunity.
It’s always encouraging to see a trading strategy deliver early wins – and that’s where this month’s Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy stands – two wins on the first two days: Unusually, the trade was not closed during the day session – this did not occur in the six months under analyse. However, when […]
What a day to start the Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy month! US political ructions, an RBA decision, data from China, data and an economic policy release in Japan – it’s a busy trading day. It seem likely there’ll be a result. Remember – given the tight parameters, in a fast moving market traders […]
Guest Post by DV 34 No matter what software or manual system you use to backtest trading strategies, it’s important to focus on the statistics that provide the best insight into the relationship between risk and reward as well as trading opportunity. In the next of his series of articles on the practical aspects of […]
I’m still fundamentally a EUR/USD bear. The US has superior growth, and is likely to curtail stimulus sooner. This should see a stronger USD, and a lower EUR/USD. Instead, the pair is on the rise – now at a level where I’m comfortable to short again…..but is it a bear trap? Here’s the daily chart: […]
DV 34 gets down to the practical issues of collecting data and using trade simulation software in Part 3 of his series on testing trading strategies
One approach to much anticipated market events like the FOMC meeting is to scan the major trading instruments in advance to select what look to be the best potential setup for both the bullish and the bearish outcome (assuming examples can be found to fit your trading and risk management strategies) Here are my thoughts leading into the Fed meeting.
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2806 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- EURCAD, EURNZD, NZDJPY Positional Plays 28/07/2014
- ORG.ASX at support – Stock to Watch 28/07/2014
- Chart Signals – Monday 28 July 28/07/2014
- Australia 200 – key resistance for next week 25/07/2014
- Gold, the Aussie Dollar and Mining Stocks 25/07/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Brian: Technical Analysis is interesting. I was looking a...
- DV34: I'm hoping for another rally to 1460, been long s...
- Ric Spooner: Hi Brian, Yes big red candle so far. As you say, ...
- Brian: Thanks Ric, Just noticed Beadell has today lost fa...
- PC Grova: Hi Craig .. I like the ability you have to quicken...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- @NSWWaratahs you crashed @Ticketek_AU Everyone in Sydney will be there on Saturday #Support #GoTahs @CMCMarketsANZ proud sponsors 1 day ago
- Did @Ticketek_AU crash? See, @NSWWaratahs is the best trade @CMCSalesTraders @CMCMarketsANZ ever made! #GoTahs #WinningTeams #Believe2014 1 day ago
- RT @CMCSalesTraders: Matt Lewis(MD) getting behind the Waratahs this weekend #GOtheTAHS #believe2014 @NSWWaratahs #WARvCRU http://t.co/sL4F… 1 day ago retweeted via CMCSalesTraders