Trading plans are as individual as the traders that devise them. In discussing plans with traders over the years, it’s clear that many take a drill down approach. That is, they start with a macro or big picture view (strategy), then focus in to identify and implement trades (tactics). There are many ways this approach […]
With the holiday period being a good time to think about improving your trading next year I thought some ideas on trader psychology might be of interest to readers
Bollinger Bands – one of the best known technical indicators, used by novices and experts alike. Have you ever wondered where they came from? Meet John Bollinger, CFA. Analyst, author, inventor. “Bollinger on Bollinger Bands”, first published in 2002, is translated into eleven languages. He coined the term “rational analysis”, a method of analysing markets that […]
From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: Possibly one of the most famous sayings in trading circles is ‘cut your losses, run your profits.’ To most newbie traders this is often seen as something professional traders do and something they can only aspire to. In my experience, the truth is that this saying […]
Non Farm payrolls are always an important event for markets but the stakes could be especially high this time around. We are heading into tonight’s release after a big rally in the US Dollar over recent months. With that in mind, I thought readers may be interested in some background information on recent jobs data. […]
I posted on a head and shoulder sell example in Apache Corp a few weeks ago. I thought this might make an interesting follow up for readers looking for a practical example of some of the theory outlined in our Trading Sense video on closing strategies
OK, so you’ve found the trade, now when and how do you get set? Here is the second in our series of Trading Sense videos which deals with entry strategies
I wouldn’t think there’s a trader around who hasn’t experienced situations where a small beat on Non Farm Payrolls sees a sell off or a small miss which doesn’t seem too bad causes the market drop out of bed. As with everything in markets there’s no sure way of picking this. But I think there […]
Today’s update video takes a look at potential chart support levels for the US 30, Australia 200, Aussie Dollar and Apple Inc following after market news that its quarterly results missed expectations
Is it better to use trailing or fixed stop losses? I don’t know what readers experience is but my view is that it depends on the type of trading strategy you are using. Both have their place. I’ve recorded a video outlining some ideas for building trailing stops into trading strategies. During January we’ll discuss […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
6053 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Chart Signals: Indices rally off higher lows, gold and oil fall back, Japan markets reverse course 03/05/2016
- Key drivers in a big market week 02/05/2016
- Chart Signals: Gold breaks out as indices break down 02/05/2016
- Oil hits chart resistance 29/04/2016
- USD/JPY Genius Play 29/04/2016
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Ric Spooner: Hi Sachin, Yes, weak US GDP is a bit of difficult...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks FXP...
- FXPartisan: "While having your peers consider you a genius ma...
- Sachin Saraf: Also 50% fib of May 2015 high . So tonight's rig ...
- Peter: Cant believe the Japanese wont do something soon t...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @Colgo: ANZ updated with comments from @MMcCarthy_CMC who says Elliott "may have a tin ear for market sentiment" https://t.co/9xmYtri7Xs… 23 mins ago retweeted via Colgo
- Chart Signals: Indices rally off higher lows, gold and oil fall back, Japan markets reverse course https://t.co/mszGalh1Xo 40 mins ago
- Key drivers in a big market week https://t.co/OQPvEUNeCx 16 hours ago