Non Farm payrolls are always an important event for markets but the stakes could be especially high this time around. We are heading into tonight’s release after a big rally in the US Dollar over recent months. With that in mind, I thought readers may be interested in some background information on recent jobs data. […]
I posted on a head and shoulder sell example in Apache Corp a few weeks ago. I thought this might make an interesting follow up for readers looking for a practical example of some of the theory outlined in our Trading Sense video on closing strategies
OK, so you’ve found the trade, now when and how do you get set? Here is the second in our series of Trading Sense videos which deals with entry strategies
I wouldn’t think there’s a trader around who hasn’t experienced situations where a small beat on Non Farm Payrolls sees a sell off or a small miss which doesn’t seem too bad causes the market drop out of bed. As with everything in markets there’s no sure way of picking this. But I think there […]
Today’s update video takes a look at potential chart support levels for the US 30, Australia 200, Aussie Dollar and Apple Inc following after market news that its quarterly results missed expectations
Is it better to use trailing or fixed stop losses? I don’t know what readers experience is but my view is that it depends on the type of trading strategy you are using. Both have their place. I’ve recorded a video outlining some ideas for building trailing stops into trading strategies. During January we’ll discuss […]
Some markets look to be at an interesting inflection point. I’ve posted a brief youtube video with some thoughts on current charts
Trading legend and author of the “Market Wizards” series is coming to Australia. Jack will speak at two exclusive CMC functions, where traders will not only hear from his thirty plus years experience but have the opportunity to ask questions about all things trading. This is a rare opportunity.
It’s always encouraging to see a trading strategy deliver early wins – and that’s where this month’s Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy stands – two wins on the first two days: Unusually, the trade was not closed during the day session – this did not occur in the six months under analyse. However, when […]
What a day to start the Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy month! US political ructions, an RBA decision, data from China, data and an economic policy release in Japan – it’s a busy trading day. It seem likely there’ll be a result. Remember – given the tight parameters, in a fast moving market traders […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4195 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- USD:CNH Double Top or Break Out 27/02/2015
- Another bank MACD setup – Bank of Queensland 27/02/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday, Feb 27 27/02/2015
- USDCAD triangle 26/02/2015
- Chart Signals – Thursday, Feb 26 26/02/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Wayne - thanks for the feedback. 1) Forex trad...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Ko - you're ahead of the game! Good to read yo...
- Wayne Whyte: Hi Michael, I'm glad to see the 5madt is back. ...
- Ko: Michael, the 5min strategy worked a treat tonight ...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Chris – the analysis is based on traded price...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: USD:CNH Double Top or Break Out http://t.co/IvVZ02XcVq #forex #trading 2 days ago
- RT @BusinessSpec: .@ricspooner_CMC: Why markets predict the Fed to hold rates http://t.co/MvmmBkcgxd #Fed #rates #market 2 days ago retweeted via BusinessSpec
- RT @NatalieMacTV: NZD Trade Balance surplus a possible "one off" according to @ricspooner_CMC, as low inflation expectation data reflects g… 2 days ago retweeted via NatalieMacTV