Non Farm payrolls are always an important event for markets but the stakes could be especially high this time around. We are heading into tonight’s release after a big rally in the US Dollar over recent months. With that in mind, I thought readers may be interested in some background information on recent jobs data. […]
I posted on a head and shoulder sell example in Apache Corp a few weeks ago. I thought this might make an interesting follow up for readers looking for a practical example of some of the theory outlined in our Trading Sense video on closing strategies
OK, so you’ve found the trade, now when and how do you get set? Here is the second in our series of Trading Sense videos which deals with entry strategies
I wouldn’t think there’s a trader around who hasn’t experienced situations where a small beat on Non Farm Payrolls sees a sell off or a small miss which doesn’t seem too bad causes the market drop out of bed. As with everything in markets there’s no sure way of picking this. But I think there […]
Today’s update video takes a look at potential chart support levels for the US 30, Australia 200, Aussie Dollar and Apple Inc following after market news that its quarterly results missed expectations
Is it better to use trailing or fixed stop losses? I don’t know what readers experience is but my view is that it depends on the type of trading strategy you are using. Both have their place. I’ve recorded a video outlining some ideas for building trailing stops into trading strategies. During January we’ll discuss […]
Some markets look to be at an interesting inflection point. I’ve posted a brief youtube video with some thoughts on current charts
Trading legend and author of the “Market Wizards” series is coming to Australia. Jack will speak at two exclusive CMC functions, where traders will not only hear from his thirty plus years experience but have the opportunity to ask questions about all things trading. This is a rare opportunity.
It’s always encouraging to see a trading strategy deliver early wins – and that’s where this month’s Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy stands – two wins on the first two days: Unusually, the trade was not closed during the day session – this did not occur in the six months under analyse. However, when […]
What a day to start the Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy month! US political ructions, an RBA decision, data from China, data and an economic policy release in Japan – it’s a busy trading day. It seem likely there’ll be a result. Remember – given the tight parameters, in a fast moving market traders […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4860 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Mid Week Bonanza 29/07/2015
- NZDUSD chart review 29/07/2015
- Australia 200 Index – Get on Up 29/07/2015
- Chart Signals – Weds, July 29 29/07/2015
- Chart Signals – Tuesday, July 28 28/07/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Precious Metal Meltdown! - CMC Markets Blog: […] 30 minute window. Last week, my colleagu...
- Ric Spooner: Thanks for the insight. Looks interesting Regards...
- Apt Capital: The Australia 200 is also now at the 50% retraceme...
- Uno: Hong Kong H is an other trend that so far has not ...
- Ric Spooner: Sorry Vlad, I see what you are saying. No intentio...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: NZDJPY - close above head and shoulder neck line could put RSI above 50%. Corrective rally on the cards then http://t.c… 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: #NZDUSD correction getting underway after a textbook downtrend http://t.co/DulNaF9DUV 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @BUSINESSricardo: VIDEO: How regional shares closed following Chinese share slump. @MMcCarthy_CMC has more details @SBSNews 10pm http://… 1 day ago retweeted via BUSINESSricardo