Non Farm payrolls are always an important event for markets but the stakes could be especially high this time around. We are heading into tonight’s release after a big rally in the US Dollar over recent months. With that in mind, I thought readers may be interested in some background information on recent jobs data. […]
I posted on a head and shoulder sell example in Apache Corp a few weeks ago. I thought this might make an interesting follow up for readers looking for a practical example of some of the theory outlined in our Trading Sense video on closing strategies
OK, so you’ve found the trade, now when and how do you get set? Here is the second in our series of Trading Sense videos which deals with entry strategies
I wouldn’t think there’s a trader around who hasn’t experienced situations where a small beat on Non Farm Payrolls sees a sell off or a small miss which doesn’t seem too bad causes the market drop out of bed. As with everything in markets there’s no sure way of picking this. But I think there […]
Today’s update video takes a look at potential chart support levels for the US 30, Australia 200, Aussie Dollar and Apple Inc following after market news that its quarterly results missed expectations
Is it better to use trailing or fixed stop losses? I don’t know what readers experience is but my view is that it depends on the type of trading strategy you are using. Both have their place. I’ve recorded a video outlining some ideas for building trailing stops into trading strategies. During January we’ll discuss […]
Some markets look to be at an interesting inflection point. I’ve posted a brief youtube video with some thoughts on current charts
Trading legend and author of the “Market Wizards” series is coming to Australia. Jack will speak at two exclusive CMC functions, where traders will not only hear from his thirty plus years experience but have the opportunity to ask questions about all things trading. This is a rare opportunity.
It’s always encouraging to see a trading strategy deliver early wins – and that’s where this month’s Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy stands – two wins on the first two days: Unusually, the trade was not closed during the day session – this did not occur in the six months under analyse. However, when […]
What a day to start the Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy month! US political ructions, an RBA decision, data from China, data and an economic policy release in Japan – it’s a busy trading day. It seem likely there’ll be a result. Remember – given the tight parameters, in a fast moving market traders […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4535 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Friday night charts – Euro; oil and gold 29/05/2015
- Selling by the numbers – AUD/JPY 29/05/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday 29 May 29/05/2015
- One for the contrarians – Aussie Dollar buy setup 28/05/2015
- Chart Signals – Thursday, May 29 28/05/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Scott: Craig, Hi. Thanks for your insights. It would b...
- Rick: Thanks Michael - Always appreciate your insights...
- Sachin: Dax hit 62% fib of the April high Early may lows a...
- Ric Spooner: Ok thanks DV. You prompted me to have a look @ Fra...
- DV34: Similarly with CAC40, which has a pattern called a...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ElysseMorgan: And don't miss the market wrap with CMC's Michael McCarthy on the Business on @ABCNews24 @MMcCarthy_CMC #ausbiz 12 hours ago retweeted via ElysseMorgan
- ...and then the market wrap with @ElysseMorgan and @MMcCarthy_CMC #ausbiz https://t.co/Q5cs8lZXPH 12 hours ago
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Friday night charts Euro; oil and gold http://t.co/l1RLX3NeBg 13 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC