Some markets look to be at an interesting inflection point. I’ve posted a brief youtube video with some thoughts on current charts
Trading legend and author of the “Market Wizards” series is coming to Australia. Jack will speak at two exclusive CMC functions, where traders will not only hear from his thirty plus years experience but have the opportunity to ask questions about all things trading. This is a rare opportunity.
It’s always encouraging to see a trading strategy deliver early wins – and that’s where this month’s Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy stands – two wins on the first two days: Unusually, the trade was not closed during the day session – this did not occur in the six months under analyse. However, when […]
What a day to start the Five Minutes a Day Trading strategy month! US political ructions, an RBA decision, data from China, data and an economic policy release in Japan – it’s a busy trading day. It seem likely there’ll be a result. Remember – given the tight parameters, in a fast moving market traders […]
Guest Post by DV 34 No matter what software or manual system you use to backtest trading strategies, it’s important to focus on the statistics that provide the best insight into the relationship between risk and reward as well as trading opportunity. In the next of his series of articles on the practical aspects of […]
I’m still fundamentally a EUR/USD bear. The US has superior growth, and is likely to curtail stimulus sooner. This should see a stronger USD, and a lower EUR/USD. Instead, the pair is on the rise – now at a level where I’m comfortable to short again…..but is it a bear trap? Here’s the daily chart: […]
DV 34 gets down to the practical issues of collecting data and using trade simulation software in Part 3 of his series on testing trading strategies
One approach to much anticipated market events like the FOMC meeting is to scan the major trading instruments in advance to select what look to be the best potential setup for both the bullish and the bearish outcome (assuming examples can be found to fit your trading and risk management strategies) Here are my thoughts leading into the Fed meeting.
A 15% correction, oversold indicators, support level forming, interest rate differentials, intentions of central banks – how many reasons do traders want to buy AUD/JPY? While many traders are focussed on the recently volatile USD/JPY, and locals are watching AUD/USD closely given recent falls, there is a logical next step trade – AUD/JPY. The arguments […]
Another successful trade overnight – that’s three in total. Remembering the strategy needs five successful trades during the month of June to show a profit, it’s a good start. So far, the strategy is ahead 69 pips. Here’s how it looks on the scorecard:
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2490 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Morning Video Update – Global Indices Warn 12/12/2013
- Morning Chart Signals – Thursday Dec 12 12/12/2013
- Sell Everything 11/12/2013
- GBP/JPY – Sell if divergence confirmed 11/12/2013
- Market Update Video – Commodity currencies and gold 11/12/2013
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Mystery Chart 27/08/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – June 2013 – White Paper 03/06/2013
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Michael - in the past, gold and silver have oft...
- Michael McCarthy: Exactly right Steve...
- Michael: Morning Michael, a big thank you for such a compre...
- Steve: Michael - I assume your order didn't get filled a...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks for the feedback RJH...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Morning Video Update - Global Indices Warn http://t.co/eZryEF0cQO 1 day ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @enoehtoen: Great call earlier today before US open --> RT@MMcCarthy_CMC Sell Everything http://t.co/Qe6sPQfaXs 1 day ago retweeted via enoehtoen
- Morning Chart Signals - Thursday Dec 12 http://t.co/PTA6tJw5nl 1 day ago