Trading plans are as individual as the traders that devise them. In discussing plans with traders over the years, it’s clear that many take a drill down approach. That is, they start with a macro or big picture view (strategy), then focus in to identify and implement trades (tactics). There are many ways this approach […]
With the holiday period being a good time to think about improving your trading next year I thought some ideas on trader psychology might be of interest to readers
Bollinger Bands – one of the best known technical indicators, used by novices and experts alike. Have you ever wondered where they came from? Meet John Bollinger, CFA. Analyst, author, inventor. “Bollinger on Bollinger Bands”, first published in 2002, is translated into eleven languages. He coined the term “rational analysis”, a method of analysing markets that […]
From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: Possibly one of the most famous sayings in trading circles is ‘cut your losses, run your profits.’ To most newbie traders this is often seen as something professional traders do and something they can only aspire to. In my experience, the truth is that this saying […]
Non Farm payrolls are always an important event for markets but the stakes could be especially high this time around. We are heading into tonight’s release after a big rally in the US Dollar over recent months. With that in mind, I thought readers may be interested in some background information on recent jobs data. […]
I posted on a head and shoulder sell example in Apache Corp a few weeks ago. I thought this might make an interesting follow up for readers looking for a practical example of some of the theory outlined in our Trading Sense video on closing strategies
OK, so you’ve found the trade, now when and how do you get set? Here is the second in our series of Trading Sense videos which deals with entry strategies
I wouldn’t think there’s a trader around who hasn’t experienced situations where a small beat on Non Farm Payrolls sees a sell off or a small miss which doesn’t seem too bad causes the market drop out of bed. As with everything in markets there’s no sure way of picking this. But I think there […]
Today’s update video takes a look at potential chart support levels for the US 30, Australia 200, Aussie Dollar and Apple Inc following after market news that its quarterly results missed expectations
Is it better to use trailing or fixed stop losses? I don’t know what readers experience is but my view is that it depends on the type of trading strategy you are using. Both have their place. I’ve recorded a video outlining some ideas for building trailing stops into trading strategies. During January we’ll discuss […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
5995 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Deutsche Bank chart holds the line 11/02/2016
- Support & Resistance – Transforming A Chart 11/02/2016
- Chart Signals: Bear trap for the Aussie 200, Japanese markets getting overextended 11/02/2016
- The Big Picture – 4 charts 10/02/2016
- Where are Equities Headed Next? 10/02/2016
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- David: Actually the next of the best or the least affecte...
- Ivo: There are 1700 billion barrels of proven oil reser...
- Peter Ralph: Hi Michael, I guess your talking Aussie banks? ...
- Nic: Average EPS has been dropping since 2012 in these ...
- Helen: The S+P will need to break the support to fully ge...