Australia is one of those countries where England is referred to as “the old enemy”. These days, thankfully, the reference is usually confined to sporting contests. Over the weekend, Rugby World Cup hosts the English Red Roses will play against the Australian Wallabies. We turn to GBP/AUD to determine a winner. No doubt there will […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 continues its upswing within a 4,900 to 5,250 trading channel having regained 5,000 and challenging 5,070 a Fibonacci level with next resistance near 5,090. Japan 225 continues to climb up out of a bear trap bottom, rallying from 17,360 higher support toward 17,610 before running into resistance. Initial support rises […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 is bouncing around 5,000 again in the 4,980 to 5,020 area having successfully tested 4,900 and set a higher low. Next upside tests appear near 5,070 then 5,125. Japan 225 continues to rally up out of a bear trap below 17,135 with the index bouncing up into the 17,260 to […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 is breaking down again, taking out the 5,000 round number with RSI confirming downward pressure increasing. It has dropped into the 4,910 to 4,950 area with next support possible near 4,890. Japan 225 took out its August low near 17,135 on its way toward 16,890 before rebounding up toward 17,240 […]
The most important questions for traders revolve around the US and China – and data released this week has the potential to change the game on both. Join chief market strategist Michael McCarthy for a rundown on the numbers. Although the data is likely to affect all markets, McCarthy highlights two crucial instruments, and a […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 is retesting 5,000 round number support once again with RSI holding under 50 indicating continued downward pressure. A breakdown could open the door to a retest of the August low near 4,790. Initial rally resistance near 5,060 then 5,125. Japan 225 is having a bit of an upswing toward 17,330 […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 remains well supported above 5,000 bouncing around in a channel between 5,030 and 5,090 around 5.070 a Fibonacci level. Hong Kong 43 has bounced back above 21,000 while a bear trap dip down toward 20,780 appears to have completed the right shoulder of a head and shoulders base. RSI climbing […]
Fed chair Yellen spoke overnight. In re-iterating the case for a rate lift, she attempted to reverse the unintentional damage done by the signalling components of last weeks’ unchanged rate decision and accompanying statement. Her assurances saw USD strength return, and in the lead up to the speech, and in the hours following, the USD […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 is holding steady between 5,030 and 5,070 a Fibonacci level, above 5,000 round number support. RSI remains stuck below 50 which it needs to regain to confirm an upturn. Next upside tests within a broader channel appear near 5,125 then 5,245. Japan 225 has stabilized in the 17,250 to 17,250 […]
From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: One of the most frequently asked questions I find clients asking me is how do I raise an order. The most frequent frustration is the client tells me they have been put in or taken out of a trade but it doesn’t look like it hit the level […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
5088 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Wallabies to Take a Pounding – GBP/AUD 02/10/2015
- ANZ – Gap Filler 02/10/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday, Oct 2 02/10/2015
- The State of Origin 01/10/2015
- Balance in the Markets 01/10/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Michael McCarthy: One of the ideas behind the blog is to start a dis...
- sachin: The article focus on Gap analysis is tangible. Dav...
- Michael McCarthy: Appreciate your expansion of the analysis David...
- David C: Spot on Michael. The dilemma for traders being...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks Digby, good to hear from you. And yes, I ...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- Heaven on earth! Fairytale interior for bookstore https://t.co/q2IZmsx3JO 23 hours ago
- RT @mhewson_CMC: Tune in to #NFP today at 13:15PM BST with me and @CCieszynski_CMC - sign up here - http://t.co/cHR0fk3aBF 3 days ago retweeted via mhewson_CMC
- Login to your CMC Markets trading account before 22:30 AEST to see market reactions to #NFP and unemployment numbers. http://t.co/967Yb0IGul 3 days ago