Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has successfully retested 5,370 support. With RSI oversold and the Index back above 5,430 a trading rebound appears to be underway that could potentially test 5,500. On a downturn, next support may appear in the 5,270-5,300 zone. Japan 225 continues to rally to new long-time highs trading above 16,200. RSI […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 remains under pressure as resistance falls toward 4,460 and it continues to test 4,400 with next downside support possible near 5,370 and previous lows then 5,270 a Fibonacci level. RSI oversold so a bounce possible but that could be more of a pause in a bigger downtrend than a sustainable […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 bounced off of support near 4,425 having completed a 23% retracement of its previous uptrend. RSI near oversold suggests a trading bounce possible that could retest prior highs near 5,500 or 5,555 initially. Japan 225 remains well supported above 15,800 and is taking another run at the 16,000 round number […]
Purely on a technical level GBPUSD looks very bearish to me with a clear rejection of an old support and resistance level, a bearish candle in the moving average zone (sell zone) and great convergence on the MACD and RSI. Quite frankly there is nothing that looks likely to see GBPUSD move higher this week. […]
It’s a cage match any fight fan would watch – two heavyweights of the global currency markets going head to head. While this bout will go many rounds, there’s a significant change on the charts – and the USD is getting (temporarily) on top. The fundamentals of each country favour strength. China’s ongoing trade surpluses, […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is breaking down, having taken out 5,555 and retested it as new resistance to signal the start of a new downleg. RSI under 50 and falling indicates downward mo accelerating. Next Fibonacci support appears near 5,425. Japan 225 has encountered some resistance near the 16,000 big round number, but remains […]
I love it when a triple signal comes together! EUR/AUD has rallied almost 5 big figures over the last 5 trading days. This looks like a stunning reversal of an established down trend: The rally brings the pair back to the 50 day moving average, the trend line, and previous support/resistance at 1.4275. Fundamentally, […]
Frances Zhang, a CMC sales executive, writes about new trading and investing opportunities: As China and Australia deepen and strengthen their relationship, opportunities for individuals arise. CMC is proud to announce the upcoming listing of new currency trading pairs involving the Renminbi (Chinese Yuan). This gives traders and investors new hedging and trading possibilities. The pairs are […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 as held 5,555 support for now but continues to drift with RSI back at 50 indicating neutral momentum and resistance falling to a lower high near 5,600. Next potential support on a breakdown near 5,500 then 5,430. Japan 225 is breaking out today, driving through 15,800 to signal the start […]
From Graeme Kennerley at Trade with Precision: The market was taken by surprise last Thursday, 4th September when the Euro Zone interest rate of 0.05% was announced. The interest rate had been at 0.15% for some time and, not surprisingly, most of the EUR FX pairs reacted. The EURUSD moved around 235 pips in one […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2955 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Chart Signals Wednesday 24 September 24/09/2014
- EURUSD and US economic data 23/09/2014
- Caltex shares chart watch 23/09/2014
- Chart Signals Tuesday 23 September 23/09/2014
- BHP, Australia 200 and iron ore chart 22/09/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Marc: It'll be interesting to see how/if Yahoo grows wi...
- DV34: Glad you raised this Ric, I think it is all about ...
- Brian: Thanks Ric, I think its a good sign that Caltex is...
- Ric Spooner: Hi Marco All things equal a stronger $US would be...
- Marco: Would the short side on these commodities all be r...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @BloombergNews: “It’s going to be a frozen Christmas, ice cold”: http://t.co/beeGodWmhl http://t.co/kakHkbIGL1 12 hours ago retweeted via BloombergNews
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Dollar Index parked at resistance while recent US data has moderated. Could be interesting http://t.co/mKCtXGHLd8 12 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Here are today's chart signals for FX; Index and Commodity traders http://t.co/s9FYru535s 13 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC