Better than expected employment data in Australia this week saw the AUD make further gains against the EUR, pushing EUR/AUD lower. However, a bounce off previous support in EUR/AUD to complete a double top formation could see a significant reversal of the seven big figure fall over the last nine trading days. A surprise fall […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to bounce around between 5,900 and 6,000 trying to figure out if it is forming an ascending triangle or a triple top. RSI nearing 50 indicates sideways momentum in a 5,790 to 6,000 channel. Japan 225 is still drifting within an emerging 19,750 to 20,000 trading range. A negative […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is hanging around 5,950 about halfway between 5,900 uptrend support and 6,000 triple top resistance. RSI drifting toward 50 indicates upward momentum fading. Next support on a breakdown near 5,820 then 5,790 a 23% retracement. Japan 225 has drifted back from 19,900 toward 19,840 as it continues to fall back […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 remains stuck below the 6,000 round number and above 4,920. It is sending mixed signals with an ascending triangle offsetting a triple top. RSI near 50 suggests its broader 5,780 to 6,000 channel may extend for some time yet. Japan 225 is drifting back a bit from 20,000 having finally […]
From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: Do you ever take a trade based on a single reason? Maybe you have seen MACD crossing up in the overbought zone and pulled the trigger? Maybe you have seen a ‘Golden Cross’ (where the 50MA crosses up through the 200MA singling a possible long entry) and thought […]
Please note: Colin is taking a short break. Chart Signals will return next Thursday. Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to struggle with 6,000 round number and channel resistance where a triple top appears to be in place. Initial support near 5,925 then 5,850. Upward momentum fading but broader uptrend intact above 5,790 on the […]
From Graham Kennerly at Trade with Precision: All products react to key levels whether by breaking through them or finding support/resistance and bouncing off them. Just like mercury resists pooling, prices seem reluctant to stay constantly at key levels. This gives us a trading opportunity. Take GBPCAD for instance. The 1.8500 level has been both […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is still struggling with resistance near the top of its 5,785 to 6,000 trading channel. RSI holding 50 indicates upward momentum intact with support rising toward 5,930. A breakout would signal a new upleg with initial measured resistance near 6,200. Failure would establish a triple top. Japan 225 is breaking […]
From Trade with Precision: Join Craig in this week’s Technical Insights where he breaks down the forex pair that is talk of the town in AUDNZD and the key level of parity with a trade he is anticipating. Craig also shows you exactly how to set up your linked charts to save time and make […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is back above 5,900 and apparently taking another run at 6,000 round number and channel resistance. A breakout would signal a new upleg with next measured resistance near 6,250. RSI holding 50 indicates upward mo intact. Japan 225 is retesting 19,800 where a breakout would signal the start of a […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4349 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- EUR/AUD – Buy the Bounce 17/04/2015
- Qantas shares and the oil chart 17/04/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday, April 17 17/04/2015
- What weak US data means for EURUSD 16/04/2015
- Trading today’s jobs data 16/04/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Jason: Hi Craig, What are your thoughts of being in a ...
- Ric Spooner: Thanks Uno You make a good point. Another rate cu...
- Uno: All that is true but the RBA would also be concern...
- Rom: Hi Craig, It appears as though this trade is li...
- Pankaj: Excellent long term analysis. Increases confidence...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: EUR/AUD – Buy the Bounce http://t.co/SgkRu03IuZ 3 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Qantas shares and the oil chart. Thoughts on trading opportunities qan.asx http://t.co/XDkzDBGi5i 3 days ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @BusInsiderAU: The 'Star Wars' Boeing 787 Dreamliner is real http://t.co/O2DtL0rQ0b http://t.co/ZVH1dqghBt 3 days ago retweeted via BusInsiderAU