Overnight USD strength has pushed USD/CNH to an inflection point at the open of CNH trading today. The direction the currency pair takes from here could set the tone for the days and weeks ahead: A pull back from these levels would make a double top on the daily chart, suggesting downside potential – especially […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to fall back from 5,955 resistance with more possible near the 6,000 round number. A lower high near 5,930 combined with RSI rolling back under 70 from overbought suggest a near-term correction getting underway with next potential support near 5,835. Japan 225 came within striking distance of 19,000 before […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is bumping up against 5,950 where a breakout would signal the start of a new upleg that could challenge 6,000 or a measured 6,070. RSI still overbought suggests it may need a pause or correction at some point but maybe not quite yet. Japan 225 is breaking out today, clearing […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to consolidate recent gains between 5,835 and 5,955 as it works off an overbought RSI. A symmetrical triangle of higher lows and lower highs indicates a pause underway within an ongoing uptrend. Japan 225 has levelled off near 18,500 to digest and consolidate recent gains with next measured resistance […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to struggle with resistance near 5,955 with more possible near the 6,000 round number. It may need to continue digesting recent gains and working off an overbought RSI in the short term. Initial support near 5,900 then 5,800. Japan 225 keeps on flying higher, clearing 18,500 while support rises […]
Australians and New Zealanders share a special love/hate relationship, and at the moment there’s a lot of trans-Tasman Sea chat about the potential for a parity party. In Auckland and Wellington, they’re chilling the champagne in anticipation of Kiwi strength taking the pair to levels not seen since 1997. NZ’s high quality agricultural exports and […]
Asia Pacific indices A doji candle in Australia 200 suggests that its recent advance may be starting to run out of gas just short of the 6,000 big round number. An overbought RSI and a negative divergence suggest a correction possible with initial support near 5,900 then 5,840. Japan 225 keeps advancing and building on […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has resumed its uptrend, breaking through 5,900 having held 5,840 breakout point support once again. An overbought RSI and a negative divergence suggests rally getting overextended so it could encounter resistance near the 6,000 round number. Japan 225 is breaking out today, decisively clearing 18,100 and driving on toward 18,250 […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has successfully retested its recent 5,840 breakout point as support, keeping its uptrend intact but an overbought RSI suggests it may need to consolidate more below 5,930 prior high or 6,000 round number resistance. Japan 225 is trying to break out today, clearing 18,100 to signal a new upleg but […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4209 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- USD:CNH Double Top or Break Out 27/02/2015
- Another bank MACD setup – Bank of Queensland 27/02/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday, Feb 27 27/02/2015
- USDCAD triangle 26/02/2015
- Chart Signals – Thursday, Feb 26 26/02/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Wayne - thanks for the feedback. 1) Forex trad...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Ko - you're ahead of the game! Good to read yo...
- Wayne Whyte: Hi Michael, I'm glad to see the 5madt is back. ...
- Ko: Michael, the 5min strategy worked a treat tonight ...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Chris – the analysis is based on traded price...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: USD:CNH Double Top or Break Out http://t.co/IvVZ02XcVq #forex #trading 2 days ago
- RT @BusinessSpec: .@ricspooner_CMC: Why markets predict the Fed to hold rates http://t.co/MvmmBkcgxd #Fed #rates #market 3 days ago retweeted via BusinessSpec
- RT @NatalieMacTV: NZD Trade Balance surplus a possible "one off" according to @ricspooner_CMC, as low inflation expectation data reflects g… 3 days ago retweeted via NatalieMacTV