Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 remains in an upswing with RSI clearing 50 to signal an upturn in momentum. It has run into some resistance near 5,340 with more possible near 5,370 then 5,430 but support continues to move up, this time toward 5,290. Japan 225 has rallied back above 15,000 and straight into its […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to rally and is currently testing 5,340 resistance on the index and 50 on the RSI where breakouts would confirm an upturn in momentum and the start of a new uptrend with next resistance near 5,370 a previous support level, then 5,430 a Fibonacci level. Support rises toward 5,250. […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to climb up off from 5,100 with support moving up toward 5,140 a Fibonacci level. RSI indicates downward momentum fading fast. Initial upside resistance tests appear near 5,270 then a series of prior highs near 5,345. Japan 225 is bouncing around in a Fibonacci trading range between 14,350 and […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 still appears to be carving out a base with higher lows in the RSI suggesting downward pressure weakening. For the index, support has moved up from 5,100 toward 5,140 a Fibonacci level with resistance in place near 5,270 then 5,340. Japan 225 remains under pressure, failing to hold 15,000 on […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is breaking down again, taking out 5,200 to signal the start of a new downleg and testing 5,140 a Fibonacci level with round number support possible near 5,000 if that fails. A small positive RSI divergence suggests potential for a rebound at some point particularly since it’s getting close to […]
The USD is weakening. Minutes from the US Federal Reserve’s latest meeting made clear that the Fed will take into account slowing in the global economy (read Europe) when considering the timing of interest rate rises. This relieved concerns that rates will rise sooner rather than later, and has reversed recent USD strength. While further rises […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has turned right around rallying up off of 5,200 support with more possible near 5,140. Now back up testing 5,270 a Fibonacci level where a breakout would signal an uptrend that could test 5,340 initially. RSI climbing up from oversold indicates downward pressure easing. Japan 225 continues to attract support […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is breaking down again, falling below 5,240 to signal the start of a new downleg then retesting it as new resistance looking for confirmation. RSI near oversold but downtrend remains intact with resistance in place near 5,340. Next potential Fibonacci support levels near 5,140 then 5,015. Japan 225 continues to […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is bouncing around between 5.270 and 5,340 trying to stabilize and base build avter a Sept selloff. RSI back above 30 indicates downward pressure starting to ease. Next potential resistance near 5,400 then 5,430 a Fibonacci test. Japan 225 remains unable to retake 16,000 on the index and 50 on […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2991 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Banks and Australia 200 reach technical levels 21/10/2014
- EURNZD Triangle 21/10/2014
- Singapore 30 index – the facts 21/10/2014
- Medibank IPO and NIB Holdings 21/10/2014
- Chart Signal – Tuesday, Oct 21 21/10/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Peter Ralph: Ric, it's a little better than than that for NIB....
- Adam Novek: I didn't pick up on the bollinger bands expanding...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks for your comments Adam. I've posted some n...
- Adam Novek: You did a good call with the ASX200 the other day ...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Richard - thanks for your suggestion. I've pas...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Australia 200 and the banks getting nervous at technical levels http://t.co/Q06vU8O1As 24 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: Poor $Kiwi. Could this be a bullish triangle in EURNZD?http://t.co/IbZYLUgI4v 1 day ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Singapore 30 index – the facts http://t.co/bmhq2jpHLG 1 day ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC