From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: The key to a successful trade in my opinion is when all the relevant technical factors come together to give the strategy setup. Often it’s just a matter of turning your computer on, doing a scan and it just appears and other times it’s about planning out what […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 ran into resistance at its previous high near 5,560 and has started to slump back a bit in a normal trading correction. 5,500 has been holding as higher round number support so far with more near 5,450. RSI suggests upward momentum intact but slowing. Japan 225 continues to trend upward […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to climb, clearing 5,500 while RSI above 50 and rising indicates upward momentum increasing. Big channel resistance is looming near 5,565 with next tests after that near 5,600 and 5,685. Support rises toward 5,500 from 5,455. Japan 225 has dropped back a bit from 17,790 resistance but remains in […]
In Australia, being called a “battler” is usually a compliment, comparable to “salt of the earth”. Battlers “take arms against a sea of troubles” without complaint, while maintaining a laid back sense of humour. So when Aussie currency traders call the local currency “the Little Aussie Battler” they mean it affectionately, while also acknowledging trouble […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to trend toward the top of its 5,275 to 5,500 trading channel, currently peeking above 5,455 Fibonacci resistance while support climbs toward 5,400. RSI indicates upward momentum still increasing. Japan 225 continues to climb with support moving up from the 17,000 round number toward the 17,200 Fibonacci level. RSI […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to climb within a 5,275 to 5,500 trading channel bouncing nicely up off a Fibonacci cluster near the bottom and up through 5,385 into the upper half of the range. RSI back above 50 indicates momentum turning upward again. Japan 225 was unable to break through 17,500 resistance and […]
From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: The dust seems to have settled on last week’s moves and some very nice trends continue to offer opportunities. In this week’s Technical Insights Craig Cobb takes you through some trends he is looking to trade now and others that are on his watch list awaiting directional clarity.
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to hold above a Fibonacci support cluster near 5,275. RSI near 50 suggests sideways momentum intact and range bound trading continues between there and 5.385 with next resistance after that near 5,440. Japan 225 is breaking out today, clearing 17,200 for the index and 50 on the RSI to […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has levelled off following a recent slide in a channel between 5,275 and a lower high near 5,385 down from 5,425. RSI slipping back under suggests mo turning downward but may also indicate a sideways trend emerging. Japan 225 continues to stabilize in a channel between 16,660 and 17,200 building […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 staged a nice rally up off a successful test of a Fibonacci cluster near 5,275, RSI bouncing around 50 suggests a sideways trading trend may be emerging below 5,600 with initial resistance near 5,385 then 5,425. Japan 225 remains well supported above 15,520 but lower highs above that level continue […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4076 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- The Art of Stalking 29/01/2015
- Chart Signals – Thursday, Jan 29 29/01/2015
- US Equities Poised to Move Higher? 28/01/2015
- Chart Signals – Weds, Jan 28 28/01/2015
- EURUSD harmonic pattern low 27/01/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Ric Spooner: Thanks DV. Hope it pans out well Ric...
- DV34: First buy entry set, gartley buy pattern on 4 hour...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi DV - yes, it's our intention to record these s...
- DV34: Can these webinars be recorded for those of us who...
- Michael McCarthy: In the "positions" window, if you click the red ...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @Sarah_Buchanan: Could the euro defy conventional thinking? @ricspooner_CMC @CMCMarketsANZ http://t.co/EEj1tgUczH 19 hours ago retweeted via Sarah_Buchanan
- RT @gregorymckenna: Australian Interest Rate Traders Are Betting On Weaker Growth And RBA Rate Cuts - http://t.co/sxFqTjdqiJ H/T @MMcCarth… 24 hours ago retweeted via gregorymckenna
- RT @CCieszynski_CMC: Asia AM "US #durables drop drags #stocks and #USD down" http://t.co/rZGfQoVrU1 #dow #AUD #NZD #FOMC #RBNZ #forex #FX $… 2 days ago retweeted via CCieszynski_CMC