From Craig Cobb at Trade with Precision: With over 9000 products to trade through CMC Markets it can be a little overwhelming to decide on what exactly you are going to trade. Often people will stick to one market like ASX stocks or FX, some people even just trade one single product such as gold […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is bumping up against 5,720 where a breakout would complete an ascending triangle and signal a new upleg that could test 5,790 Fibonacci resistance. Support in the 5,655 to 5,670 area at a Fibonacci cluster. Japan 225 has rallied up off of 20,430 support rising toward 20,540 but it still […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to climb up off a higher low near 5,500, clearing 5,600 and driving on toward 5,625 with next potential resistance at a Fibonacci cluster in the 5,655 to 5,670 zone then 5,720. RSI back above 50 confirms momentum turning upward. Japan 225 is bouncing around between 20,000 and 20,500 […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is trading near 5,555 as it bounces around in a channel between 5,400 and 5,725. RSI bouncing around 50 confirms sideways momentum. Initial support and resistance near 5,540 and 5,570. Japan 225 has fallen to within striking distance of 20,000 and 19,925 a 23% retracement and channel bottom while resistance […]
Conventional wisdom is that the USD will continue to strengthen as the first Fed rate hike approaches. However: Markets rarely go anywhere in a straight line The US Dollar index is up 4% over the last 5 weeks, and more than 20% since February 2014 Some of the most profitable technical trades go against the […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to retreat within its 5,400 to 5,700 trading channel falling toward the midpoint and Fibonacci support near 5,555 with its next downside tests after that near 5,500 then 5,445. RSI testing 50 where a break would confirm the downturn. Japan 225 is holding steady near 20,600 but with resistance […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 continues to fall away from 5,700 having taken out 5,655 support and dropping toward 5,600 while RSI suggests a downturn pending within a broader sideways channel. Next potential support on a breakdown near 5,555 then 5,500. Japan 225 found some support near 20,530 and has bounced back up toward 20,690 […]
The US Fed will raise interest rates at some time this year, right? The RBNZ will cut rates tomorrow. Right? US economic growth is accelerating, and NZ decelerating. So NZD/USD still has a lot further to fall? Not necessarily. One reason to take a contrarian approach to trading is the potential for superior reward to […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 has slipped back under 5,700 after encountering resistance near 5,725 but remains above a Fibonacci support cluster in the 5,655 to 5,670 zone. RSI suggests upward momentum levelling off for now. Japan 225 has rolled down from 20,860 toward 20,680 setting a lower high in the process. RSI also rolling […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is breaking out today, clearing 5,700 to complete a base and signal an upturn with next potential resistance near 5,790 a Fibonacci level. RSI above 50 and rising confirms upward momentum accelerating. Japan 225 continues to drive back up toward the top of its 19,925 to 20,980 trading channel, currently […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4885 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Don’t Be Pigeon Holed 05/08/2015
- Chart Signals – Wed, August 5 05/08/2015
- What do oil; OJ and the NASDAQ have in common 04/08/2015
- The Week Ahead – 3 August 15 03/08/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday 31 July 15 31/07/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Precious Metal Meltdown! - CMC Markets Blog: […] 30 minute window. Last week, my colleagu...
- Ric Spooner: Thanks for the insight. Looks interesting Regards...
- Apt Capital: The Australia 200 is also now at the 50% retraceme...
- Uno: Hong Kong H is an other trend that so far has not ...
- Ric Spooner: Sorry Vlad, I see what you are saying. No intentio...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- Congratulations to Michael Hooper on winning the 2015 Matt Burke Cup for the 3rd consecutive year #MBC15 #GoTahs @NSWWaratahs 2 days ago
- RT @Reuters: Exclusive: Donald Trump's companies have sought visas to import at least 1,100 workers http://t.co/XaJ8IeWVx8 2 days ago retweeted via Reuters
- RT @BillGates: I’m investing $1 billion in clean-energy innovations: http://t.co/2mBcpkMcxV http://t.co/Yas5AyKttJ 2 days ago retweeted via BillGates