Asia Pacific markets face conflicting currents in trading today, as Ukrainian concerns in Europe were overwhelmed by good numbers in the US. Everything could change mid-session with the release of IP, sales and GDP numbers in China. Today’s video update looks at potential implications for oil and the Australian dollar.
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 failed to break through channel resistance near 5,500, completing a triple top in the process and has fallen back toward 5,400 with channel support still in place near 5,285. RSI dropping back toward 50 suggests upward momentum fading. Japan 225 remains under pressure, dropping below 14,000 and falling to retest […]
Many traders have a favourite indicator or signal. Others try to remain agnostic, choosing the most appropriate signal for market conditions. However, many traders agree that several indicators pointing in the same direction is a stronger trade signal. A potential triangle break, through the “big figure” of 170.00, would likely see the MACD cross […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 was unable to break through 5,500 once again and appears to have completed a double top. RSI falling away from 70 indicates upward momentum weakening. Initial support tests appear near5,400 then 5,285 the low end of the current trading channel. Japan 225 is breaking down today, taking out a trend […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is breaking out today, clearing 5,500 to signal the start of a new upleg. The next significant prior high test appears near 5,675, not far from a measured 5,700 based on the recent channel. RSI indicates upward mo accelerating but nearing overbought, so a retest of the 5,480-5,500 area as […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is steady in the upper half of a 5,300 to 5,500 trading channel but appears vulnerable with a rare H&S top forming in the RSI, a sign that upward momentum may be running out of gas and a correction possible. Japan 225 continues to get pounded, falling to test uptrend […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 remains in an upswing, climbing within its 5,300 to 5,500 trading channel. RSI above 50 and increasing indicates momentum remains positive currently. Japan 225 is breaking out today, retaking the 15,000 round number level. RSI above 50 and heading higher indicates upward momentum growing with next potential resistance tests appearing […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 remains in an upswing, climbing above 5,400 within a 5,280 to 5,500 trading channel. RSI back above 50 and climbing indicates upward momentum increasing. Japan 225 is consolidating recent gains above 14,830, a Fibonacci level. RSI above 50 and rising indicates upward momentum growing. Upside resistance appears near the 15,00 […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is turning increasingly upward from a successful test of 5,285 support with the index adding nearly 100 points and the RSI breaking out over 50 once again. Initial upside resistance tests appear near 5,400 then 5,500. Japan 225 is breaking out of a base, with the index clearing 14,565 while […]
One of the first tips new traders receive is “the trend is your friend”, but even experienced traders can find it difficult to join a well-established move. How many times have you heard a trader say “it’s gotta come back!”? Overcoming the human mean reversion bias is a lot easier when there is a clear […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2667 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- An improving globe, good US reporting and an oil surprise. 17/04/2014
- BHP – a slow burn 17/04/2014
- Chart Signals – Thursday, April 17 17/04/2014
- Conflicting currents and numbers from China – video update 16/04/2014
- Newcrest – tail wags dog 16/04/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Mystery Chart 27/08/2013
- Timing TPG Telecom - CMC Markets Blog: […] leading to a 25% earnings uplift is good...
- Michael McCarthy: Yes Mike - Colin's analysis is back today...
- Mike: Hello there, I don't seem to be able to find the...
- AUD/JPY - a second bite at the cherry - CMC Markets Blog: […] Fridays ago the case for long AUD/JPY tr...
- DV34: Agree re Indices looking to short this week...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @Colgo: Here's @MMcCarthy_CMC on the market volatility of the past week. http://t.co/Xdcy9z4dkF (Trader can write. Who knew?!) 2 days ago retweeted via Colgo
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: BHP – a slow burn http://t.co/CAGYQcPMt8 2 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @BusInsiderAU: Markets May Just Have To Get Used To Weird Weeks Like This - http://t.co/QkicBtpmvb by @MMcCarthy_CMC 2 days ago retweeted via BusInsiderAU