Friday’s bid tone in the Yen has continued in the Asian session today. EURJPY may be forming a short term triangle that could provide a useful set up if Yen buying continues.
Many traders have a favourite indicator or signal. Others try to remain agnostic, choosing the most appropriate signal for market conditions. However, many traders agree that several indicators pointing in the same direction is a stronger trade signal. A potential triangle break, through the “big figure” of 170.00, would likely see the MACD cross […]
The calming of market concerns over the re-unification of Crimea with Russia is benefiting risk assets generally, and commodity currencies in particular. The AUD and NZD strengthened overnight. While CAD has been weakening against the USD, and NOK is towards the middle of a trading range, the overnight moves put AUD and NZD near one […]
European data remains weak, despite strength in share markets. European Central Bank monetary policy is likely to remain “accommodative” for a long time to come. In the US, strong economic numbers, a solid start to company reporting season and Fed commentary all point to the end of stimulus efforts. This should mean a weaker EUR […]
Gold is offering a potential triangle break out. Conventional market wisdom is for higher gold prices, whether as a result of central bank stimulus or a break out of inflation. At the more extreme end of the “gold bug” spectrum are theories predicting the end of fiat currencies (paper money) and the resurgence of gold […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2803 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Australia 200 – key resistance for next week 25/07/2014
- Gold, the Aussie Dollar and Mining Stocks 25/07/2014
- Chart Signals 25/07/2014
- AUDCAD resistance 24/07/2014
- Chart Signals – Thursday, July 24 24/07/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Ric Spooner: Hi Brian, Yes big red candle so far. As you say, ...
- Brian: Thanks Ric, Just noticed Beadell has today lost fa...
- PC Grova: Hi Craig .. I like the ability you have to quicken...
- Digby Leask: Hi Craig--- thanks for that---- the light at the e...
- Michael McCarthy: That's my major concern as well Paul. This looks ...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- @CMCMarketsANZ loves this video and staff wanted to say thanks for the awesome #Waratahs #SmashCake https://t.co/S4kTHTSauR #Believe2014 12 hours ago
- Ready for the semi-final? If not watch this kicking video http://t.co/s0wA2IGkr4 ahead of #WARvBRU Thanks! @FOXRUGBY #GoTahs #believe2014 12 hours ago
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: It's Friday. Looks like Australian index resistance has been left as next week's problem http://t.co/8jIujUttsn 12 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC