If you’re a natural bull, smarting at the all the bears and gold bugs coming out of the wood work over recent days, eBay might be a chart for the watch list
European data remains weak, despite strength in share markets. European Central Bank monetary policy is likely to remain “accommodative” for a long time to come. In the US, strong economic numbers, a solid start to company reporting season and Fed commentary all point to the end of stimulus efforts. This should mean a weaker EUR […]
Gold is offering a potential triangle break out. Conventional market wisdom is for higher gold prices, whether as a result of central bank stimulus or a break out of inflation. At the more extreme end of the “gold bug” spectrum are theories predicting the end of fiat currencies (paper money) and the resurgence of gold […]
Just when it seemed safe to re-enter the Mediterranean waters, European finance ministers have found another way to de-stabilise the global financial markets. However, the immediate response to plans to dip into depositers savings to cover a funding gap appeared to hit the mark, as there are already reports that European finance ministers “continue to […]
It would take a crazy brave blogger to make firm predictions about a volatile number like today’s employment statistics. I’m not sure that’s me. I do think though that today’s figure has the potential to be a decent market mover when it”s released at 11.30am. Aussie Yen looks like one of those charts that could provide short term traders with logical […]
Aside from the straight-edge trendline it doesn’t get much more old-fashioned in the technical analysis world than the triangle. When you see a good one though it remains a cause for celebration – or whatever it is that you do when you find a trade setup. Not only are you looking for the basic shape […]
Last week, I posted a video outlining some thoughts on using MACD, the RSI or Stochastic to improve trading strategies. Two of the ideas discussed in the video involved using these tools to: Achieve early entry on some set ups and Improve success rates using higher time frame charts When we post strategy videos we follow them up over the next few […]
The trading world has plenty of standard sayings and pieces of “accepted wisdom”. In my experience plenty of these are actually very useful, but many are not. It pays to be guided by evidence and your own experience. One concept that I have found to be a useful addition, especially for trend following strategies is the idea of trading […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2491 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Market Update – Dow and Aussie Dollar Supports 13/12/2013
- Chart Signals – Friday 13 December 13/12/2013
- Morning Video Update – Global Indices Warn 12/12/2013
- Morning Chart Signals – Thursday Dec 12 12/12/2013
- Sell Everything 11/12/2013
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Mystery Chart 27/08/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – June 2013 – White Paper 03/06/2013
- Ric Spooner: Hi Savannah, Michael's away today. I'm sure he...
- Michael: Keep up the great work Michael. Your comments,...
- Savannah: Hi Michael, I missed the boat on the India trade. ...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Steve - I'm still bearish, but will now turn t...
- Michael McCarthy: Hi Julius - in a similar situation, I ask myself ...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- Chart Signals - Friday 13 December http://t.co/U92NPpd00s 1 day ago
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Morning Video Update - Global Indices Warn http://t.co/eZryEF0cQO 2 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @enoehtoen: Great call earlier today before US open --> RT@MMcCarthy_CMC Sell Everything http://t.co/Qe6sPQfaXs 2 days ago retweeted via enoehtoen