I posted a USDCAD triangle set up back on 26 Feb. This took a while to trigger but eventually got going with a bounce off the triangle base followed by a break through the resistance. Potential buyers might be about to get a second bite at the cherry in the form a re-test of the […]
Tuesday’s peak has confirmed the USDCAD triangle. To me, this looks like a pattern that could provide either a useful buy off the support or a breakout short trade.
Before you look at the client sentiment index at the bottom of this post, are you a buyer or seller of gold? Which way do you think your fellow traders are positioned – long or short? It’s an important question. Gold has once again described a triangle. In working towards the apex (the pointy end […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 has levelled off in the 5,460 to 5,580 range consolidating its recent rally. Next resistance on a breakout possible near 5,600 then 5,680. RSI also suggests upward momentum stalling for now. Next support near 5,430 a Fibonacci level. Hong Kong 43 took out its recent lows near 23,585 to signal the […]
The gold 1180 support would be one of the most famous and closely watched technical levels in world markets at the moment and Friday saw it broken pretty comprehensively. However, Fibonacci projections around the current gold price might be worth at least watching
While the Euro has recently been in what looks like an ongoing corrective rally against a lot of other currencies its been strong against the Kiwi for several months. Today’s video reviews a potential bullish EURNZD Triangle setup
Before getting onto CSL, I thought share CFD traders may find it useful to know that over the weekend we added Morningstar Research to the analysis you can access directly via the Nex Gen Platform
Charts with strong impulsive trends like this one, often create the best trading opportunities. The moves in both directions often remain powerful. These charts are also often easier to interpret than choppy, go nowhere models.
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is stabilizing near 5,600 for now but still appears vulnerable having completed a double top near 5,685 and with RSI falling under 50 to signal a downturn in momentum. Initial support appears near 5,555 followed by 5,500 and 5,430. Japan 225 keeps bumping up against 15,810 and failing, indicating strong […]
If you bought Whitehaven Coal 3 months ago, you’d be pretty happy. It’s up 36% from its June low.
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4884 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- The Week Ahead – 3 August 15 03/08/2015
- Chart Signals – Friday 31 July 15 31/07/2015
- The Falling Loonie 30/07/2015
- Chart Signals – Thursday 30 July 30/07/2015
- Mid Week Bonanza 29/07/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Precious Metal Meltdown! - CMC Markets Blog: […] 30 minute window. Last week, my colleagu...
- Ric Spooner: Thanks for the insight. Looks interesting Regards...
- Apt Capital: The Australia 200 is also now at the 50% retraceme...
- Uno: Hong Kong H is an other trend that so far has not ...
- Ric Spooner: Sorry Vlad, I see what you are saying. No intentio...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- Congratulations to Michael Hooper on winning the 2015 Matt Burke Cup for the 3rd consecutive year #MBC15 #GoTahs @NSWWaratahs 22 hours ago
- RT @Reuters: Exclusive: Donald Trump's companies have sought visas to import at least 1,100 workers http://t.co/XaJ8IeWVx8 1 day ago retweeted via Reuters
- RT @BillGates: I’m investing $1 billion in clean-energy innovations: http://t.co/2mBcpkMcxV http://t.co/Yas5AyKttJ 1 day ago retweeted via BillGates