Will the prospect of a 2nd quarter Fed rate hike drive more gains in the the $US? If so we should see more risk off selling into Easter and next week. This will take commodities and commodity currencies lower. If not a consolidation bounce looms. Here’s a short term chart that with well defined support […]
We’ve had a really nice rebound the last few weeks but some of the markets that have been leading the recovery are starting to look overextended and exhausted particularly WTI crude oil, US 30 and US SPX 500, setting up the potential for a correction this week. Some of the currencies that benefitted lately from […]
The Aussie looks a real chance of providing a text book triangle sell set up against its Kiwi counterpart. Here are thoughts on an approach to trade entry with this triangle chart pattern
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 has stabilized in the 5,160 to 5,230 area with more support possible near 5,145. RSI holding 50 suggests underlying uptrend remains intact through the recent downswing. Japan 225 appears to be stabilizing in an 18,210 to 18,430 trading channel between two Fibonacci levels. Support has been rising toward 18,300 as […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200’s selloff appears to be subsiding with support coming in near 5,220 and the index bouncing back toward 5,260, regaining 5,245 a Fibonacci level along the way. Initia upside tests appear near 5,272 then 5,292. Japan 225 has a moderate trading bounce underway, rising toward 18,310 from 18,110 where it completed […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 is testing the bottom of a 5,145 to 5,300 trading channel having been slammed down within the range in the global market selloff. RSI falling under 50 a bearish sign. Next potential support on a breakdown near 5,070 then 5,000. Japan 225 is breaking down today, plunging from near 19,900 […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 has found some support near 5,070 and bounced up into the 5,100 to 5,300 area. It needs to retake 5,145 to signal an upturn with next resistance near 5,240 if successful. On a downturn, 5,000 could be retested. Japan 225 remains in an uptrend but has levelled off in the […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 keeps getting slammed, diving down through 5,145 and falling toward the 5,050 to 5,070 range below a Fibonacci level with next potential support at the 5,000 round number. RSI indicates downward pressure increasing. Japan 225 shot up toward 19,700 before sliding back toward the 19,330 to 19,380 range just below […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 has resumed its uptrend with RSI holding 50 confirming underlying momentum. The index held 5,200, regained 5,250 and has advanced on 5,290 with next potential resistance near 5,310 and then 5,385 a Fibonacci level and recent peak. Japan 225 has regained 19,000 as it rallies toward 19,110 within a 18,720 to […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
6052 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Oil hits chart resistance 29/04/2016
- USD/JPY Genius Play 29/04/2016
- Chart Signals: JPY, NZD and Japan 225 remain in focus 29/04/2016
- Dollar Reversal 28/04/2016
- Trade Documentation as a Building Block for Trading Success 28/04/2016
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Peter: Cant believe the Japanese wont do something soon t...
- Trade Documentation - A Building Block for Trading Success: […] your trading decision, as well as after ...
- Michael McCarthy: Interesting study quoted today that shows valuatio...
- James: Totally agree, but fundamentals are the very last ...
- Uno: There are those who think production is at a peak ...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: #brent oil has hit chart resistance. Might be interesting given oil is leading sentiment on a lot of other markets http… 22 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- USD/JPY Genius Play https://t.co/TBBMZuNIpv https://t.co/AavVvrtlnJ 23 hours ago
- Watch @ShaneOliverAMP & @MMcCarthy_CMC discuss economic & market implications for next weeks budget on @Switzercomau https://t.co/JpodP9FBwL 1 day ago