I posted a USDCAD triangle set up back on 26 Feb. This took a while to trigger but eventually got going with a bounce off the triangle base followed by a break through the resistance. Potential buyers might be about to get a second bite at the cherry in the form a re-test of the […]
Tuesday’s peak has confirmed the USDCAD triangle. To me, this looks like a pattern that could provide either a useful buy off the support or a breakout short trade.
Before you look at the client sentiment index at the bottom of this post, are you a buyer or seller of gold? Which way do you think your fellow traders are positioned – long or short? It’s an important question. Gold has once again described a triangle. In working towards the apex (the pointy end […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 has levelled off in the 5,460 to 5,580 range consolidating its recent rally. Next resistance on a breakout possible near 5,600 then 5,680. RSI also suggests upward momentum stalling for now. Next support near 5,430 a Fibonacci level. Hong Kong 43 took out its recent lows near 23,585 to signal the […]
The gold 1180 support would be one of the most famous and closely watched technical levels in world markets at the moment and Friday saw it broken pretty comprehensively. However, Fibonacci projections around the current gold price might be worth at least watching
While the Euro has recently been in what looks like an ongoing corrective rally against a lot of other currencies its been strong against the Kiwi for several months. Today’s video reviews a potential bullish EURNZD Triangle setup
Before getting onto CSL, I thought share CFD traders may find it useful to know that over the weekend we added Morningstar Research to the analysis you can access directly via the Nex Gen Platform
Charts with strong impulsive trends like this one, often create the best trading opportunities. The moves in both directions often remain powerful. These charts are also often easier to interpret than choppy, go nowhere models.
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is stabilizing near 5,600 for now but still appears vulnerable having completed a double top near 5,685 and with RSI falling under 50 to signal a downturn in momentum. Initial support appears near 5,555 followed by 5,500 and 5,430. Japan 225 keeps bumping up against 15,810 and failing, indicating strong […]
If you bought Whitehaven Coal 3 months ago, you’d be pretty happy. It’s up 36% from its June low.
Browse by category
Free trading insights
4299 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Five Minutes Trading – Prices – Day 21 30/03/2015
- Bullish head and shoulder – EURNZD 30/03/2015
- Q2 Outlook: EUR and Gold 30/03/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – the Picture #5madt #forex 30/03/2015
- Chart Signals – Monday, March 30 30/03/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks Uno, but it's not you...........
- Uno: Excellent analysis thanks for that. By the way s...
- Michael McCarthy: Thanks for the feedback Gerard - and your suggesti...
- Gerard O\'Born: What a great update. What would really top it off ...
- Michael McCarthy: Indeed. Good on you Digby...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @ricspooner_CMC: EURNZD looks like an interesting chart for head and shoulder traders http://t.co/NxNU1EByGE http://t.co/tCM1qiLb3k 20 hours ago retweeted via ricspooner_CMC
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Five Minutes Trading – Prices – Day 20 http://t.co/1SVbn09EFs 4 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @CCieszynski_CMC: Q2 #Markets outlook Slowing #China is a double threat to #Australia by @MMcCarthy_CMC http://t.co/74isOvL1lO #AUDUSD h… 4 days ago retweeted via CCieszynski_CMC