Last week I looked at a possible “abc” correction setup emerging in USDJPY. This didn’t happen. Instead we might be developing a useful USDJPY chart setup in the form of a triangle pattern
European data remains weak, despite strength in share markets. European Central Bank monetary policy is likely to remain “accommodative” for a long time to come. In the US, strong economic numbers, a solid start to company reporting season and Fed commentary all point to the end of stimulus efforts. This should mean a weaker EUR […]
Gold is offering a potential triangle break out. Conventional market wisdom is for higher gold prices, whether as a result of central bank stimulus or a break out of inflation. At the more extreme end of the “gold bug” spectrum are theories predicting the end of fiat currencies (paper money) and the resurgence of gold […]
Just when it seemed safe to re-enter the Mediterranean waters, European finance ministers have found another way to de-stabilise the global financial markets. However, the immediate response to plans to dip into depositers savings to cover a funding gap appeared to hit the mark, as there are already reports that European finance ministers “continue to […]
It would take a crazy brave blogger to make firm predictions about a volatile number like today’s employment statistics. I’m not sure that’s me. I do think though that today’s figure has the potential to be a decent market mover when it”s released at 11.30am. Aussie Yen looks like one of those charts that could provide short term traders with logical […]
Aside from the straight-edge trendline it doesn’t get much more old-fashioned in the technical analysis world than the triangle. When you see a good one though it remains a cause for celebration – or whatever it is that you do when you find a trade setup. Not only are you looking for the basic shape […]
Last week, I posted a video outlining some thoughts on using MACD, the RSI or Stochastic to improve trading strategies. Two of the ideas discussed in the video involved using these tools to: Achieve early entry on some set ups and Improve success rates using higher time frame charts When we post strategy videos we follow them up over the next few […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2605 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- China Exports – weak data puts A50 index in focus 10/03/2014
- Facebook Chart Divergence – Stock to Watch 10/03/2014
- Chart Signals – Monday, March 10 10/03/2014
- I’m not an economist – but sell EUR/USD 07/03/2014
- Strong Aussie Data and oil- Market Update 07/03/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Mystery Chart 27/08/2013
- AUD/USD - Au Contraire - CMC Markets Blog: […] fortnight ago I made the case for a high...
- Ritche: I see a few obstacles in the way of this trade: ...
- Graham: There was an additional 88 points today on EUR/USD...
- pete makin: Well whilst those 'down under' are sleeping, the...
- Vlad: Well, I also remember a post called "Sell Everyth...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: Talking with Ros Childs about the human impact of the #GFC on @ABCTV in one hour 15 hours ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- @ricspooner_CMC provides his daily #StockstoWatch on @BusInsiderAU http://t.co/FLAZMfdccs Check out what's happening with #Facebook 17 hours ago
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: I’m not an economist – but sell EUR/USD http://t.co/dPFErTFJ8H 3 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC