Many traders have a favourite indicator or signal. Others try to remain agnostic, choosing the most appropriate signal for market conditions. However, many traders agree that several indicators pointing in the same direction is a stronger trade signal. A potential triangle break, through the “big figure” of 170.00, would likely see the MACD cross […]
The calming of market concerns over the re-unification of Crimea with Russia is benefiting risk assets generally, and commodity currencies in particular. The AUD and NZD strengthened overnight. While CAD has been weakening against the USD, and NOK is towards the middle of a trading range, the overnight moves put AUD and NZD near one […]
European data remains weak, despite strength in share markets. European Central Bank monetary policy is likely to remain “accommodative” for a long time to come. In the US, strong economic numbers, a solid start to company reporting season and Fed commentary all point to the end of stimulus efforts. This should mean a weaker EUR […]
Gold is offering a potential triangle break out. Conventional market wisdom is for higher gold prices, whether as a result of central bank stimulus or a break out of inflation. At the more extreme end of the “gold bug” spectrum are theories predicting the end of fiat currencies (paper money) and the resurgence of gold […]
Just when it seemed safe to re-enter the Mediterranean waters, European finance ministers have found another way to de-stabilise the global financial markets. However, the immediate response to plans to dip into depositers savings to cover a funding gap appeared to hit the mark, as there are already reports that European finance ministers “continue to […]
It would take a crazy brave blogger to make firm predictions about a volatile number like today’s employment statistics. I’m not sure that’s me. I do think though that today’s figure has the potential to be a decent market mover when it”s released at 11.30am. Aussie Yen looks like one of those charts that could provide short term traders with logical […]
Browse by category
Free trading insights
2667 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- An improving globe, good US reporting and an oil surprise. 17/04/2014
- BHP – a slow burn 17/04/2014
- Chart Signals – Thursday, April 17 17/04/2014
- Conflicting currents and numbers from China – video update 16/04/2014
- Newcrest – tail wags dog 16/04/2014
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Mystery Chart 27/08/2013
- Timing TPG Telecom - CMC Markets Blog: […] leading to a 25% earnings uplift is good...
- Michael McCarthy: Yes Mike - Colin's analysis is back today...
- Mike: Hello there, I don't seem to be able to find the...
- AUD/JPY - a second bite at the cherry - CMC Markets Blog: […] Fridays ago the case for long AUD/JPY tr...
- DV34: Agree re Indices looking to short this week...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- RT @Colgo: Here's @MMcCarthy_CMC on the market volatility of the past week. http://t.co/Xdcy9z4dkF (Trader can write. Who knew?!) 4 days ago retweeted via Colgo
- RT @MMcCarthy_CMC: BHP – a slow burn http://t.co/CAGYQcPMt8 4 days ago retweeted via MMcCarthy_CMC
- RT @BusInsiderAU: Markets May Just Have To Get Used To Weird Weeks Like This - http://t.co/QkicBtpmvb by @MMcCarthy_CMC 4 days ago retweeted via BusInsiderAU