Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is retesting its 52-week low and a previous double bottom near 5,100 with next potential support at the 5,000 round number if that fails. RSI getting oversold so a bounce looks possible with initial resistance near 5,200 then 5,255. Hong Kong 43 has broken down to a new 52-week low […]
Asia Pacific indices Australia 200 is breaking down today, taking out 5,300 and diving down into the 5,230 to 5,250 zone with next potential support near 5,180 then a double bottom closer to 5,100. RSI getting oversold but confirming downward momentum for now. Japan 225 is breaking down today, taking out 20,000 and 19,925 on […]
I posted a USDCAD triangle set up back on 26 Feb. This took a while to trigger but eventually got going with a bounce off the triangle base followed by a break through the resistance. Potential buyers might be about to get a second bite at the cherry in the form a re-test of the […]
Tuesday’s peak has confirmed the USDCAD triangle. To me, this looks like a pattern that could provide either a useful buy off the support or a breakout short trade.
Before you look at the client sentiment index at the bottom of this post, are you a buyer or seller of gold? Which way do you think your fellow traders are positioned – long or short? It’s an important question. Gold has once again described a triangle. In working towards the apex (the pointy end […]
Asia Pacific Indices Australia 200 has levelled off in the 5,460 to 5,580 range consolidating its recent rally. Next resistance on a breakout possible near 5,600 then 5,680. RSI also suggests upward momentum stalling for now. Next support near 5,430 a Fibonacci level. Hong Kong 43 took out its recent lows near 23,585 to signal the […]
The gold 1180 support would be one of the most famous and closely watched technical levels in world markets at the moment and Friday saw it broken pretty comprehensively. However, Fibonacci projections around the current gold price might be worth at least watching
While the Euro has recently been in what looks like an ongoing corrective rally against a lot of other currencies its been strong against the Kiwi for several months. Today’s video reviews a potential bullish EURNZD Triangle setup
Before getting onto CSL, I thought share CFD traders may find it useful to know that over the weekend we added Morningstar Research to the analysis you can access directly via the Nex Gen Platform
Charts with strong impulsive trends like this one, often create the best trading opportunities. The moves in both directions often remain powerful. These charts are also often easier to interpret than choppy, go nowhere models.
Browse by category
Free trading insights
5018 get regular updates from CMC Markets
- Australia 200 – the case for 5400 03/09/2015
- Chart Signals – Thursday, Sep 3 03/09/2015
- Trading Without The Hype 02/09/2015
- Chart Signals – Weds, Sep 2 02/09/2015
- Sell USD JPY on market volatility 01/09/2015
- Five Minutes Trading – Starts Tomorrow 30/09/2013
- Mystery Chart 2013 20/03/2013
- Five Minutes a Day Trading – Strategy Paper 31/01/2014
- Five Minute Trading – at the Finish Line 31/10/2013
- Man Overboard – Rescue Party 22/07/2014
- Ric Spooner: Thanks for your feedback Peter. I know exactly wha...
- Peter Ralph: Ric, I used to have a boss who said "people wi...
- Ric Spooner: True Reg. One of the things about being a public c...
- Reg: ASX 200 is going to hit 4932 prior to going up, y...
- Ric Spooner: No problem. Thanks for taking the time to provide ...
Follow CMC Markets on Twitter
- #ASX down 73.7pts @ close, big night on the overseas #markets with #Euro, #UK & #US #PMI, also #US #trade balance http://t.co/pAdDAGDfD0 22 hours ago
- RT @BusinessSpec: .@ricspooner_CMC: The downside risks for oil prices http://t.co/yzdh02etKz #markets http://t.co/41ZxQ6mBUs 24 hours ago retweeted via BusinessSpec
- 2 hours in to the #Australian session, #ASX200 down 32.7pts, neg retail sales but better than expected trade bal http://t.co/cX9JYv5YIX 1 day ago